1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine choked during morning ride

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by ratish, Aug 17, 2017.

1. ratish

ratish Novizio

Hi,

Today for the first time, my car stalled in mid road when I slowed down to stop and tried to resume from second gear. Started the car and continue the journey. But now the engine was losing power in between while I was cruising at 3rd and 4th. The shakes was felt as if i am running out of fuel. But the fuel tank was full and the engine temperature needle was as quarter of the dial, which means it had sufficiently warmed up.
    The A/C was on at speed 1.
    I am sure I have taken the car with all above conditions before and never felt this kind of shake before.
    Have any one faced any such things ever?
    My car has clocked 45 K in mileage and went through oil change 2 weeks ago as part pf service.

2. Sujit508

Sujit508 Regolare

Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Do the basic checks under the bonnet i.e level of fluids like Engine oil, coolant, etc. Look for any loose hoses
    If nothing obvious, head to the service center.

3. pdash

pdash Regolare

Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Cause of this kind of issue can various types.

From my exp, it can happen due to bad fuel or turbo leakage.

But it is advisable to get it check by an expert at FASS.

4. ratish

ratish Novizio

Hi all. Recently my car was taken to service center to replace a blown glow plug. The air intake pipe was not properly fitted back and it was hanging detached when i opened the bonnet. Fixed it back and now the engine is breathing normal.

Sachin patel and carl_jhonson like this.