1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

engine and gear problem

Discussion in 'Technical' started by abhay, Sep 1, 2015.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    It seems to be some chain noise......if everything is checked... still not diagonised... either problem with diagonisis.. or may be engine.U show it to some experirnced mechanic outside also...
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 2, 2016 ---
    It seems to be some chain noise......if everything is checked... still not diagonised... either problem with diagonisis.. or may be engine.U show it to some experirnced mechanic outside also...
  2. arzala

arzala Timido

Vadodara
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I feel same but strange noise is not heard when engine is started first time or engine is cold. It starts hearing only after running some kilometers. When engine is revved it goes away (or maybe not audible in loud engine noise) Looks like some issue with some kind of temperature rise somewhere may be. Once they complete their part, I will surely go to experienced mechanic. However overall I have not good experience with my Fiat car. You can see list below what has happened till now :(

1# Tyre burst just after taking delivery, even if complained that there is bulge on rear-left wheel.
    2# Contraction and Bending of door rubbers, wind shield plastic, wheel caps
    3# Glow plug replacement after 6 months
    4# ECU replacement after 1 year
    5# Petrol tank leakage / Fuel pump problem (still undiagnosed)
    6# Weird engine noise which none is able to fix even after 1 month of constant testing?
    7# Hard rear manual window rewinders
    8# To be continued with lots of niggling issues.
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Sorry to hear that ur experience with Fiat is not good.but these problems can come in any cars....Tyres can bulge in one day also if get hit somewhere.....others are quite k...except ECU which u must have got warranty...noise
    My experience was good with few issues which were wear and tear.... Turbo giving away after 65000 kms (normal)..changed in EW, rack noise after 58000 kms(normal),changed in EW......front elastic pads changed in WARRANTY after 45000kms.....window REWINDER(LITTLE NOISE, warranty) AT450000KMS .....glow plus after 80000 kms(paid change)......clutch after 80000 kms (was going good but preferred to change).......front and rear suspension after 70000 kms(paid change)......lower arm right after 95000 kms(paid change)....i had good exp with parts..last long compare to other manufacturers.
  4. arzala

arzala Timido

Vadodara
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @varin, if you see bulge while taking delivery and still they ignore then? Will you accept that car to take home?

Issue is not of warranty, thankfully I have extended warranty and service centered are also fixing issues as they come by. But 1 by 1 major issues are appearing hence there are surely bad parts used while manufacturing my car. Otherwise none of the problem you mentioned above would come in 2.5 years and between 500 km to 20000 km run that too in normal commuting.

I accept that Fiat engine, cars, parts are normally long lasting but what if bad parts are used while manufacturing?

Now every 2/3 months I have to visit service center to fix such issues and every time they need 1 week to diagnose and fix it because of level of problem or unavailability of parts.

Regarding this engine problem, I have got news that (that too even after constant follow up with them) that there is problem in 3rd piston bushing which knocks. Now the part is not with them so they will need 2/3 days to find and fix it.
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Ya... actually its very frustrating if u gettin problem one after another...
    At last the problem is diagonised... Ask them to check tappet system also.
    Bad fuel or engine oil levels may lead to these problems....who nows it could be manufacturing defect also.

But one thing is Fiat doesn't run away from warranty or EW like other manufacturers who may give lame reasons thus putting the blame on tge owner.
  6. arzala

arzala Timido

Vadodara
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Varinderji, Fiat users are half technical guys as per my experience so bad fuel or low engine oil levels are not case here. If that would be then they would have refused to provide any warranty :). Since they accepted it it means it is manufacturing fault.

Regarding warranty, I would believe other way around i.e. build good cars so that you wont require to use warranties. Since these cars were made when Tata JV was there, I suppose in my Fiat cars, I see Indica like quality and issues :D
  7. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    @arzala - I wouldsay the otherway.. thesecan be treated as just teething issues and its better that they come out during the warranty period. the whole car settles down after that.

and trust me, have used the extended warranty to change suspension and tie rods even after 50000kms and towards the fag end of EW.. much better than other manufacturers. have seen a friend of mine go througha harrowing time with VW vento diesel having leakage from injection plugs andchange of header in less than 25000kms..
  8. arzala

arzala Timido

Vadodara
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @harry, I dont have problem with "Problems", but the way they are handled under warranty period.
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Arzala... hope ur problem connected to the engine noise has been solved...let me know what they changed.
  10. arzala

arzala Timido

Vadodara
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, it is solved yesterday at least after 40 days of diagnosis and follow-up. I am not sure what was exact problem. But it was major in engine and they replaced following items:

Connecting ROD and piston set = 1
    Cylinder head = 1
    Connecting road = 4
    Piston assembly = 4
    Piston PIN = 4
    Locking ring = 4
    Half-Bearing TOR = 4
    Cylinder head gasket = 1
    Sealer = 1
    Gaskets for valve = 1