1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engaging of the Gear not very precise ; need to haggle ; Punto MJD

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by dev, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i have this problem and started after doing with 62K Kms service.if lubrication is the problem,then what they have done during the 5th service ? gear oil have been changed,are you refereing to the same lubricant ?
  2. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
    I had tight gear shift in Linea after 10K. Initially TASS pushed me on replacing clutch. When i escalated to FIAT, it was diagnosed properly and was attributed to lubrication of gear shift cables. Paid 800Rs. Drove over 10K after that gear shift is smooth.
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Pankaj
    modern cars doesn't have to need vast work of lubrication.
    Many parts are permanently lubricated. e.g. ball joints, cv joints,steering rake of EPS

Gear cables of fiat come with special teflon coating for smooth shift of gear.
    They ought to have replaced gear cables in warrantee claim.
    Instead of changing cables they lubricated it by doing conventional jugaad.

For desi jugaad they charged you Rs.800. It is rediculous.

It is your luck that your shift action lasted for 10000 km.
    If shifting becomes smooth by doing jugaad then there is a DIY.

Inject 40 no. oil with the help of injection syringe through the gap of gear cable & its outer
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    please check the break oil also , which is the same oil goes toclutch & gear. I had the same problem gear shift hard, when i checked at workshop there is break oil leakage at Clutch slave cylinder, replaced CSC at the price of 2k and filled the break oil. fixed the issue.
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

A funny thing happened to me today. I was parking the car after a drive and engaged reverse, the reverse light came on and I released the clutch but the car was in neutral still! :eek:
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    This type of problem I had encountered in my former FGT GP. I was climbing ghat. At one sharp turn I tried to shift 1st gear.
    I shifted to neutral due to traffic. After I tried to shift 1st gear.

Gear box hanged. I couldn't shift gear like car have only 2 gears. N & R

Vehicles behind me started to fire their horns. I switche off & then I could shift all 5+R gears.

Sometime my Pulsar 220 Fi acts like this.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    if i change only that cable,things will change and i will find my gear smooth as i like beforre ?
  8. fgp90hp

fgp90hp Timido

Mumbai
    Hello All,
    I am also having same issues,I am done with 46K & till now nothing has been changed related to gear or clutch.
    I changed all fluids in my 45k service.
    My gear shifting is getting very very hard day by day & service guy told me that i have to change pressure plates is that normal?
    My friend is also having 90 hp soprts 2012 model he has done close to 65k & he is not seeing any similer issues.
    Is it because of my city driving is more then highway????
    I am getting more worried,Please have your thoughts on this.
    Regards,
    FGP90HP
  9. LotusFeet

LotusFeet Timido

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I faced a similar issue in my Punto 1.4, I was trying to reverse and the car started moving forward(with some weird noise). None of the gears were falling. This has happened to me twice. Gears were kind of jammed and after sometime it got released. What did you guys do to fix your issue?
  10. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    @fgp90hp

life of clutch depends on your driving style and some clutch has life of more than 1 lac kms, while some have to be changed at below 40k, mine was changed at 55 k since it had become harder and was giving leg pain on long drives.

if you feel the current clutch hardness is something you can live then no need to change other wise you can change it.