1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Encounter with PMT :(

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by aditya, Jun 10, 2010.

1. aditya

aditya Timido

Pune
    My father was driving the car yesterday morning and had stopped at the signal under the Pune University fly over. He had just started on green signal when a PMT bus driver coming from Pashan side broke his signal and dashed my car. By God's grace, my father did not get hurt at all.

What is impressive about punto (proved again and again) is the solid build. The car has sustained the dash, the PMT bus just left a small dent and lots of scratches on driver side front wheel arch and bumper. See this picture below (sorry for the low resolution as it is taken from a cell phone).

[attachment=0:2wufka3y]DSC00752.jpg[/attachment:2wufka3y]

FIR has been lodged and I will see if claiming insurance would make sense. What I doubt is if there is some conspiracy going on against my car ;-) Last week it got a scratch at a zoo parking lot and now this.
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Oh my bad !!

However, you can get these scratches & earlier scratches covered in the same insurance depending on the version of the incident mentioned
  3. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai
    Really sorry to hear about this Aditya, go for the insurance and get the whole thing repainted.

Cheers,
    Vroom
  4. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    Really sorry to hear about the accident. As you had mentioned the cost of repairs to be covered by insurance, pls consider the No Claim Bonus. If the value of your repairs are above NCB then go for insurance.
  5. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Pune
    ooops... that hurts... Pune has huge number of such maniacs. Claim the insurance and get it done.
  6. That does hurt. The erring PMT and BMTC (B'lore) drivers should be paraded on the streets !!
    Driving on Indian road is no less an adventure. My two cents on my blog.
  7. aditya

aditya Timido

Pune
    Got my car back from the service center (BUB) just now, and they have done a pretty neat job. I also got some other minor scratches and touch up jobs done while at it.
    The major cost (~10k) for the scratches and dent was paid by insurance company, and I paid for the other additional work.

Feeling much more happier now to have her back fit and fine!
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is why we take insurance.

Enjoy.
  9. donzil_pinto

donzil_pinto

Mumbai
    Sorry to hear about your incident.

But that’s what I like of FIAT cars.
    Every time I get into the car, the Thud sound when closing the doors gives a comfort as far as safety is concerned.
    The solid build and thickness of the metal sheet ensure minimum damage. I’m sure if it was a car from some other stable then the damage would have been worse.