1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Emotion pack Central locking wiring got cut on its own near door hinge

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by PaddleShifter, Jan 5, 2013.

1. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Wires insulation can get damaged by frequent opening and closing but copper can't get cut like that. Also anything external (mouse etc) can't reach there.
    If it was a design defect many would have been suffering from this issue.

This should be covered under warranty by Fiat there is no way wiring could have been damaged like that (insulation can get damaged but copper can't atleast not in 2.5 years and 45k kms only) without any defect in it. Insist on it being replaced doesn't matter if only door wiring harness have to be replaced or complete car wiring harness.
    Let me check if wiring harness of door only is available in Eper. Time to boot in to Windows after several months.
    Found it
    Part No. 59064081 CABLE HARNESS RIGHT
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
    2 people like this.
  2. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Strange problem indeed. No way the cable can cut itself.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks a lot Vijay. :up I hope that Joshi Autozone agrees to arrange the part on my request.
  4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Strange issue, but a troublesome one. Get wires replaced and keep us posted
  5. azsemahmed

azsemahmed

Thane
    Hi Paddle,
    Thanks to ur post, i was able to figure out this same problem in my Linea Emotion Pk 1.3mjd (mar2009), done 94k km

I bought this car from the 1st owner in mar2012 @ 75k km and since jun2012, i started encountering this problem; showed to George Automobile TASS, Thane, they mentioned checked everything right from stripping down the door to refittig the handle with spare; they concluded it must be the problem of BCM but since they dint have one in spare, couldnt check with it.

Went in may2013 to FASS Balaji, Thane; they mentioned checked everything mentioned above alongwith spare BCM as they had one and quoted with BCM replacement my problem would resolve. When I asked to be shown with BCM replacement, my request was turned down on flimsy excuse. Beware of these FASS who just want to sell expensive parts like BCM just to achieve their monthly sales targets.

I've discovered that those 2 purple wires you showed are cut even in my case alongwith the thick brown wire, which in your case you showed as cracked (mine is that cracked too)

Need you feedback on how much did that door wire harness cost or are you still making it work with the joints and taping???
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @azsemahmed, I am still living with the joints and tape in old wiring harness. This particular door harness costs approx Rs1900. Let me know if you want a diagramatic photo and part number.