1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Emotion Pack, 18K Kms, 3 years and 3 breakdowns

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by caffeineam, Nov 28, 2012.

1. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Noticed water logging under the carpet as below and got it removed and dried at TASC. Apparently they need to remove the entire dashboard for it! :eek: Cost about 3000 bucks in labour and 3 days for drying out. Thankfully there was no rusting in the floor panel (as per the SA). Replaced the AC drain pipe FOC.

View attachment 38988

Tried to replicate the underbody rattle again, but Worli has better roads than the Suburbs, so the tech just checked the shock absorbers and did some tooling on the silencer. Noise is still there and looks like I will have to live with it :(
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  2. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Figured an update was in order. Rattle persists as does the bearing like noise on quick acceleration. Only good news is that my cost per km has come down to INR 12.20 / km which is lower than non AC Mumbai taxis which charge 12.35 per km! :eek:

If I consider only petrol costs, then that is INR 8.38 / km which is lower than Mumbai autorickshaws which charge 9.87 per km.
    1 person likes this.
  3. bbllaazzee

bbllaazzee Amatore

Bangalore
    Anyone can answer this question of how much level of fuel to fill, please?

I had a fuel pump failure on March 2012, the car had 3/4 tank of fuel and the car suddenly stopped in the middle of the road, actually at the checkpost of Mysore. Got the car towed to the Mysore Fiat service center and got it replaced under extended warranty. Had to pay 2500/- for towing charges (not covered under the warranty, as I did not have RSA).

I always used to have my fuel tanked filled up(auto cut), as soon as it reached the 1/2 mark. Also my car used to be stationary for a week, as it is used mostly during weekends. So not sure if that is the problem or it was adulterated fuel.
    Last edited: May 17, 2013
  4. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA

I am not too technical but here are my 2 cents

Auto cut off is the correct way of filling fuel, the tank would need that bit of air for optimum operation, I would advise you to tank up when you are near the reserve - helps in circulation of fresh fuel

About fuel, yes it plays a major role and is the root cause for most pump failures- Always fuel up from known bunks where you know they have good fuel, I always trust Shell even if I am paying that tad bit more I have peace of mind. Also read more on fuel filters...
  5. Gurjinder Bhai do you mean to say that it's acceptable for the pump to fail? C'mon. It's important that Fiat manufactures cars which are built to stand and last and all of us should ack this.
  6. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Let me clarify some details. The first failure was not RCAed completely so I am not sure which part failed. The second pump failure was because the float mechanism did not relay the correct level to me in the instrument cluster because of which I ran out of fuel. I am now on my third fuel pump and now tank up every 200+ kms instead of going by the indicator.

The pump issue could be a due to some bad batch that made it's way to FIAT. Maybe cars are still running around with that batch but those people fill by kms instead of the level indicator and therefore are not affected yet.
  7. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Got a minor service done this week. Changed wiper blades, suspension retorqued, doors greased etc. Also had them perform some "standard checks". To my surprise the noises that Fortune Powai had bestowed on me last year have disappeared! No idea what exactly TCRS guys did to fix it because this time I did not complain about it thinking it's unfixable!