1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Emotion Pack, 18K Kms, 3 years and 3 breakdowns

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by caffeineam, Nov 28, 2012.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Since you say that the car was purchased in June 2009, the extended warranty should be there at least till June 2013.

See this thread: http://www.teamfiat.co.in/fiat-india-news/8078-extended-warranty-fiat-car-details-coverd-parts.html
    The following are covered in Ext Warranty.
    Fuel system:- Fuel pump, injectors, Throttle body with all sensors & actuators, Fuel tank and cap, Fuel rail, Fuel vapor purge valve, canisters, fuel pipes, vapour release valve, IAC valve, pressure regulator.
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  2. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    @Ravi, @fiatlover
    Last replacement was under extended warranty, which is why I did not have to pay the parts amount.

I have just returned from the service center after speaking to Mr. Ashish Bhat (GM Service at the location). Got the Service Adviser and the Technician involved in the discussion and it transpired that the fuel pump's float was sending the wrong reading! After calculating the last tank up reading (17,975 Kms) and breakdown reading (18,359 Kms) it seems obvious that the breakdown was due to fuel starvation despite the gauge indicating 25% full. Have attached the gauge reading from the job card and the last tank up screenshot from my phone. Note the sudden jump in fuel taken on onboard as compared to the last fill ups despite me filling up each time the needle approaches the warning marker (just before it lights up).
    2012-11-29_15-15-16.jpg
    Job-Card.jpg

I will still take this up with Fiat as the float and pump are integrated and they clearly have quality problems that they need to attend to if they want to keep selling cars here. The Service Center is going to file an Extended Warranty claim and let me know what happens.
    1 person likes this.
  3. amitatmca

amitatmca

Mumbai
    Undoubtedly that's not good...... and it's a painful experience. But the story is not different for other car makers also. My cousin brother bought XUV500 on 10'Oct 12. His boot sensor gone bad 29'Oct 12 (in just 19 days) and the car was not fully locked... Despite visiting 3 times to service center, replacing sensors 3 times , this issue was not resolved (i..guess sensors are not of good quality / ASS didn't diagnosed correctly, what is wrong). They have to replace complete supporting parts... rare camera + sensor + harness
    Exceptions are always there.......!

Amit.
    GTX,2002 , Mumbai
  4. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Correct. But manufacturing a very small range of cars with many shared components and that too with quality problems is not a recipe for success. Add a grating service experience to the mix and customers will run away as fast as their legs can carry them.
    1 person likes this.
  5. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Fuel pump has been replaced under Extended Warranty. My sternly worded email sent to Fiat about part quality found it's way to the service center as I had written about them leaving smudges in the upholstery as well. They're cleaning up the interiors and will have the car ready for delivery this evening.

Edit: Two takeaways from this experience-
    1) Watch your kilometers from fill up to fill up, just in case your pump has a similar issue.
    2) If you write to the right people, things do seem to get done. I looked up LinkedIn profiles of the folks from the Contact List thread to decide who to send the email to.
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  6. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Car has been returned with a parting gift - Broken center console button bar :( I'm too tired to take this up with them again. From thomman85's thread it seems to be a single unit with tray that will need to be replaced. Sadly I only noticed it when I had to hit the hazard lights. Hit the button and one side promptly caved in...
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    TASS can fix it without replacing. I had this same issue. Did a DIY to fix it. After some time it went in again. Then TASS fixed it forever during 4th service. It is alright now.
    I didnt replace it.

One thing you can try is this:
    Remove the glove box. Reach the buttons panel with your hand and push it to position, then apply fevi quick. Make sure fevi quick doesnt flow between the buttons.
    You can do all these in half an hour. How do I know? I had tried this.
  8. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    I have to go back to collect the final corrected bill from them anyway. Will have them give it a shot.
  9. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Heading to the Worli center on Saturday 5-Jan-2013 to resolve the suspension rattles and the noise while accelerating in 2nd and 3rd gears after 3K rpm. Both these noises started 2-3 days after I got the car back from Fortune Powai.
  10. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Car is back. They did some "retorqueing" of the suspension and removed and reattached the guard plate. The rattles have reduced, but the acceleration noise remains... it's moved to after 3500 RPM now :) They did not find anything amiss.