1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Emergency Car Tyre Air Pump/Inflator

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by vivek_lko, Mar 20, 2012.

1. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Guys I would like to buy a car Air pump to be used for emergencies. Can someone tell me of any good but economical brand ?

Has anyone tried the "foot operated" pumps like the ones shown below :
    Foot air Pump Useful For Car, Bikes, Bicycles, Foot Ball Etc | eBay

Are they effective ?

Also I was seeing some pumps that can also double up as vaccum cleaners . Does anyone have any idea about the same ? Like the ones below :

Coido 6022 2 in 1 Car Vacuum Cleaner & Tire Inflator Air Compressor Pump | eBay

Thanks in advance for feedbacks!!
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well I bought one 2 yrs back for 1200 going strong till Now. Does not have any vacuum option but fills the air perfectly even though quite noisy.

Waheguru Waheguru
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    What emergencies? I thought the Tyres are tubeless.
  4. Pramod N

Pramod N Amatore

Bangalore
    Along with the air pump, you would also need to consider buying a Tubeless puncture kit
  5. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    wake up one morning with a deflated tyre perhaps
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I am totally lost now. My understanding is tubeless tyres don't get a puncture or at least you don't notice it. So why do I need anything at all?
  7. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    @relativity .. Recently my tyre had a puncture. The cuplrit was a nail that was lodged. Now because it was tubeless the air did not immediately go "phuss"...but would gradually vanish in around 2 days. When the puncture guy removed the nail ...the air immediately went out "phusss"...

Now my doubt is that the nail was a movable entity hence it could get lodged in the tyre and would seal the "hole" since it is tubeless. What if the cause of puncture is not "movable" like a barbed wire which is tied to some fixed pole , such that it drills a hole on the tyre but there is nothing to fill the hole. I guess the tyre would get defalted like a normal tyre. In such cases if you have a tubeless puncture kit and the air pump it would hardly take 10 min to do the stuff in case you are on some highway
    1 person likes this.
  8. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    wake up one morning with a deflated tyre perhaps
  9. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    @Phew .. your reply is like Microsoft help . Information with 0 content. :p
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  10. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I got a Coido brand pump 12 months back,and its going on fine.
    And yeah its a blessing,few days ago i woke up to a flat tyre,and being tubeless i was going in less than 5 minutes.
    It cost me 700 bucks.