1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Elegant Cars shuts down; Delhi

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by rakesh8051, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Hi All,

Elegant Cars (formerly Samyak Motors) in Patparganj, Delhi has shut down. Here's how I got to know:

Ever since expiry of extended warranty, I have reduced the service interval to 5,000 km from 7,500 km. The last 5,000 km, since service at 65,000 km and replacement of battery, were free of issues. A blown tail lamp and the 69,500 km on the odometer had me planning for a service sometime this week but was not getting time off from a busy schedule.

At around 10 AM today, fellow Pugger Ranjan called up to say that he was standing at Samyak / Elegant Cars and they were not accepting any more cars and shutting down for good. Few phone calls here and there it was confirmed. Elegant Cars was being closed down for good. The space is being taken over by Zedex Nissan, a new Nissan dealer in Delhi. There is no apparent connection between the two entities except the space.

To say that this piece of news would send many Fiat owners of Delhi NCR into a worried state would be a sheer understatement. The workshop manager, O P Sharma, was one person who ran the workshop with total commitment and customer-centric focus. Despite the shortcomings of owning a Fiat, one had peace of mind if the car was serviced by Elegant Cars regularly.

I called Mr O P Sharma and on personal request, managed an appointment for the afternoon. Service was carried out well and minor issues attended to. I have gone for Selenia synthetic oil as I intend to manage for at least 10,000 km without the need for service. It takes me 5 months to cover that distance. By that time, I hope things will be settled and Mr O P Sharma and the team from Elegant will be employed in another Tata-Fiat ASC and will be able to give us the same level of service we have got so far.

After the whirlwind of the morning and afternoon, I must say I was a little tired (no lunch in order to reach the workshop by 2 PM) and a trifle sad by evening. The Service Center is not a favourite place for owners, but having gone to the same place for more than three years, I was familiar and comfortable in the place. True, the same people may recreate the same atmosphere elsewhere, but it might not be so easy or so simple anymore.

Of course, this raises other issues. It is not Fiat's fault that the owner decided to close down the Service Centre. It is sad for us because we've lost an establishment we depended upon. As of now, I have my fingers crossed that these people will join another ASC but will they able to change things in the new place in our favour.

Source : PUG
  2. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Who is the owner of this car who wrote this on PUG and any dates
  3. Siddhartha Mishra
    Palio Stile Multijet | Apr 2008 | Mag Grey | 70,000 km

I think owner of this thread, but i am not sure !
  4. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    15th August might be the last day of operations !!!!!!!

Few of them have landed up at Oberoi Motors ...
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  5. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Dilip, who has joined Oberai Cars?

SA Rawat has already joined them around 1 and half month back.

Bhagwan singh was apponited by Fiat to resolve issue in a Linea. Linea denied to start and Oberai failed to resolve the issue. Bhagwan singh took only 20 minutes to resolve the issue.
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    What about the legendary master of cars, Mr O P Sharma? :(
  7. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Yashik, this is wait and watch situation.
  8. Hi Guys,

This has come as a shock. Which will be he next best option now. I reside in GK-1

9. amar_gahir

amar_gahir Amatore

My babe had small accident yesterday....front frame got pushed inside.... i was planning to visit today to Elegant for 3rd service and repairs...... :-(

Tuli Motors (Rajouri Garden) is near to me... can anybody share the experience with them.. especially on paint job......as i m thinkin of replacing front bumper under warranty....

Amarjit Singh
  10. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

You can try HIM Motors @ Peeragarhi. They did a good job for me during 3rd service. If visiting HIM, try and reach out to Sachin (SA for FIAT) and give him the TFI reference.