1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Electrical Glitch in my week old Punto :(

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by VijayakumarR, Apr 30, 2015.

1. VijayakumarR

VijayakumarR Novizio

Navi Mumbai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    It's been only a week since i got my all new Italian Grey Hound ;), and i'm already getting the extremes of pleasure :p.
    Having been driving around in an Alto for close to 4 years, my current ride is a bliss, a positive extreme of pleasure :cool: i'd say.
    However, yesterday my ride wanted to surprise me on the negative side it seems. By evening when i was leaving from office i realized i couldn't play songs from my USB. The player was not detecting the USB at all. Then i realized my Blue and Me is not working. My Phone was getting connected but when on a call the speaker was not playing Audio. And to make things even more interesting, the KM reading on my multi-function display was blinking. I had no clues as to what has come up on to it. Immediately called up the technician from the Fiat workshop and he suggested i bring it to the workshop to check it the next day.

The state was pretty much same even after i switched Off the engine waited for few minutes before i tried again and nothing had changed till i got home. No USB, No Blue & Me and KM reading blinking.
    Getting home, i checked in the manual :bookworm::bookworm::bookworm: but couldn't get anything related to it. After few hours, thought of checking my car again.
    Yippee... when i keyed in, the KM reading was stable, the USB was playing and Blue & Me was working again:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.
    Now i'm wondering what had gotten into it, perhaps the heat :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:. There is no doubt in my mind regarding the ride quality, but my belief on the Electrical system is pretty much shaken up :shifty::shifty::shifty: now.
    Still contemplating if i have to visit the workshop though o_O.

Cheers
    Vijayakumar R.
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Go to the fass and check for error, if any, in the ecu. Most probably it will be a one off case.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    If odo reading is blinking and B&M is not working in that case remove and refit the terminals of B&M. If this doesnt work then you need to change the B&M kit.

It is covered under standard warrenty.
  4. driveit

driveit Amatore

chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I had the same issue (KM blinking) while coming from a trip. But I just turn the key-off for 2 minutes and started again, no issue afterwards. Also whenever switching off the engine turn off the audio system, as some times it will not play automatically after starting the engine. Then we need to change the source then it will start play. Not sure any defect there. But I had that issue multiple times but then I used to turn off audio before engine off.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @driveit there is option to make USB as standard source whenever you switch on. Check the My Car Setting and you will find the option.
  6. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Did you get the solution for km reading on odo blinking. Happened on my Linea 2015 today, seeing it for the first time.
  7. Sachin patel

Sachin patel Amatore

Vadodara
    Vadodara
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Log complaint on fiat website and visit fass regarding problem , this will help you in future also if issue came again after long time.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
  8. vivek kashnia

vivek kashnia Timido

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    happened with me also, sometimes it's power window auto down didn't work. I just switched off the ignition, wait for a minute or so later it works good.
    Also git checked in service centre, ni error found in ecu.
  9. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Remove the key from ignition. Remove the pen drive from usb slot and put it again. Start the ignition. The odometer blinking usually stops and everything become normal again.
    vivek kashnia likes this.