1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Eleanor reincarnated

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by fernandeskaran, Feb 18, 2015.

1. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    Its been a while since I last contributed to the forum, Here is the story of my newest possession.
    So as many here know, I owned a 2009, Linea MJD that my dad passed down to me when he upgraded to a bigger car. Sadly my parents decided that it was best that we parted ways with the car due to rising maintenance costs and unavailability of warranty.. etc.. etc.. the five years of ownership was absolute joy. In October'14 we decide that we'd weigh the pros and cons of replacing the Linea. Since the main usage comprises of college travel and city runarounds with rare intercity travel we decided that maybe a hatch would do the job perfectly, but then again finding a hatch that would replace the Linea seemed rather ridiculous. The search began anyway with the Punto Evo, Elite I20, Polo GT at every point of the search we always ended up deciding to retain Eleanor as the newer cars just didn't cut it. Eleanor especially after the wolf remap just had me spoilt. For once we had even decided that we would consider the new Linea, but the over done exteriors just didn't feel right. We gave up hope and Eleanor would stay.
    A few weeks later in early December, I received a forward from @adwaitorama which mentioned stocks of pre-facelift Lineas available with Pandit Auto, Pune. Next thing I was on the phone with my Dad if he was comfortable with the idea of owning a pre-facelift Linea all over again. He seemed very interested but getting the price right was key, colour availability also mattered.
    After much advice from a lot of fellow tfians, I called up Pandit Auto, to enquire about all the details.
    I've always loved white cars and was pretty decided that if ever I were to get a new car, it must be white. When pulling out details from Shaunak, a sales executive at Pandit also a tfian, he told me that there are only 2 2014 manufactured Linea Emotion Diesels available and guess what one of them was WHITE!!! It was like a dream come true. After hour long conference calls between my Dad, Shaunak and me. It was decided that the I would travel to Pune and go check out the car. It was Thursday 11th December 2014, and the meeting was scheduled for Monday 15th December.
    I got on the phone with @adwaitorama and we decided that we'd drive down to Pune on Monday morning. I also requested @Italia-Linea to come help me with the inspection of the car
    Monday arrived, we had an amazing and rather quick drive to Pune and arrived at the Bavdhan service center where the car was being kept ready. One tea later the car was ready, And I was in love with what I saw.
    After some detailed inspection with Amit's and Adwait's expertise, The car was given a green chit.
    It was now all down to negotiating and sealing the deal. @Lunafiatic also came down to the showroom to help with the negotiations.
    We traveled to the Showroom and started the number crunching. I was very taken aback when I was told that I was supposed to do all the Registration formalities myself as Pandit Auto would be unable to do a Mumbai registation, I really dreaded going to the RTO. Finally the numbers were all agreed upon and the date was set. The new car was to be delivered on the coming Sunday December 21st. Adwait and me returned to Mumbai after a very successful trip.
    21st was here and Dad, Mom and me drove down to Pune to bring home the new car.
    Delivery was taken and we left after doing a little pooja and filling the new car with 2000rs of complementary fuel courtesy Pandit Auto.
    Buying a Linea after a Linea may seem like a rather foolish decision to many but I don't expect them to understand. :p
    Finally its nearing 2 months since I owned the new car and there have been a little additions made.
    The car was Wolf'd at 588kms, It now sports the Projector headlamps carried on from the old car after some DIY treatment.
    Motorsounds also added a little of its flavor by installing the amp and the Sub over the stock setup which was carried from the old car.
    Eleanor is finally reincarnated in a much younger form.

Special thanks to Adwait @adwaitorama , Amit @Italia-Linea , Pankaj @Lunafiatic , Amogh @amogh for helping me through the entire journey also Shaunak and the entire team at Pandit Auto, Pune.

Now some much awaited eye candy:
    20140310_174223.jpg the old Linea in happy times

20140310_174316.jpg
    IMG_20141215_130512.jpg
    Moment of love :D
    IMG_20141215_131312.jpg IMG_20141215_130534.jpg

IMG_20141221_140524.jpg
    The Day! :D
    IMG_20141221_140738.jpg
    Shaunak With Me, Mom and Dad. (Some admirers in the back too :p )
    IMG_20141221_150638.jpg
    Enroute Mumbai! Random shots of the two.
    IMG_20141221_160317.jpg
    IMG_20150118_152708.jpg
    Eleanor in her new form
    IMG_20150204_154057.jpg

IMG_20141221_140516.jpg

IMG_20141221_140532.jpg

IMG_20150118_130530.jpg
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
    bharath, Tornado, kirenh and 20 others like this.
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Congratulations,I especially like one sentence....
    I don't expect them to understand
    I can relate to it and even I didn't..
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 18, 2015 ---
    Lucky son,lucky Dad..,
    asimpleson likes this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Actually @Bala that sentiment can be said for majority Fiat owners, the OTHER car owners are amused looking at a Fiat owner - his love, passion and plight too.. ;)
    Tornado and jackharrisw like this.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Rocking. Simply rocking.

@fernandeskaran Heartiest congratulations on re owning the gorgeous Linea in new clothes. Surprised to know that you got the new babe Wolfed too and that too so early. I am sure the previous car must have spoiled you to the hilt. BTW what's reincarnated Eleanor going to be called?

I would be interested to know more about the registration process in Mumbai. During my Punto buying days, I had visited Pandit Auto but the complicated registration process had put me off. In addition discounts offered weren't that great.

Would love to see the beauty in flesh, how about bringing her to Mumbai meet for demo.

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.
  5. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Congrats for willing to relive the linea experience.
    You look so young and just out of school,
    lucky guy! Drive safe and enjoy.
    Did the projector was done entirely by you it looks great on the New linea with red rings.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    License plate looks like European one. You have put FIAT for country!!!
  7. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations @fernandeskaran !! Your Eleanor was anyways quite a looker. And now this reincarnation.. I am speechless. It's such a beauty.
    Beautiful pics and modifications! :)
  8. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    @Bala Thank you so much :)

@ghodlur Thank you :), i am a little unsure of attending the meet as I have my exams starting on the 2nd. Also will share detailed experience on Registering your car (DIY :p)

@Mabams1826 Thank you :D, I am 20 :D.
    Projectors were on my earlier Linea too as seen but it wasnt completely smoked, so yes everyting had to be takenout painted and resealed DIY and yes it was all done by me at home.

@limraj Yes its the Euro font plate. sourced from www.canvasink.com they have the FIAT country as an option. :D

@pabhishek Thank you so much, really appreciate the compliment. :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 21, 2015, Original Post Date: Feb 21, 2015 ---
    The procedure for registering the car is pretty simple, though with a million greedy hands on the way it becomes rather difficult. We got the car on 21st December (Sunday), Octroi was paid when entering the city, there are octroi posts exactly when you enter Mumbai limits from any point. The procedure is simple at the octroi post just show the invoice, fill the form, and pay calculated octroi (4.5% of invoice value in this case), payment can be made in cash or with a DD. on payment you get a Reciept and a NOC for registration.
    on 22nd Dad and me visited the RTO (MH 02 ie Andheri West) at 9am after entering and seeing the huge chaos we decided to call an Agent whom we got to know of via some family friend. the agent showed up after 2 hours! he also said that he would charge a fee of Rs.4000 it included the fees to the RTO for the procedure. he then gingerly started the registration process. We submitted all the required documents to him, it can be found on the maharashtra rto website. He made us stand in the scorching heat for god knows how long. the procedure involved inspection of the vehicle by a inspector. post verification, the documents had to be given to the valuation officer who calculates the one-time tax to be paid. (11% of invoice value) since there was some mismatch between the value Fiat declared to the RTO and my invoice the process was stalled. I then requested pandit to send the scanned copy of the factory invoice to the RTO.
    23rd was my birthday and it sucked because my friends came home to surprise me and i had to go finish the unfinished business. I reached there and the Agent hadnt come, since i kept all the papers with me from the previous day, mom and me went about doing the remaining procedure ourself. To our surprise mom met her close friend at the RTO and she happened to be friends with head cashier. After this link took place i was out in 20 minutes flat with a registration number for the new car :D didn't even pay the agent for his half job, it was mean on my part but trust me if he deserved it. @ghodlur hope this helps
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @fernandeskaran

Thanks for the information Karan. Pretty much nothing has changed since the recent drive to make RTO's agent/tout free. The process is still archaic and the people still in the stone age. Hopefully a day will come when a customer if chooses to register the car himself wouldnt have to go through this laborious process, everything would be online.
    All the best for the exams Karan, we will miss the opportunity of seeing the reincarnated Eleanor in wolf clothes.
    fernandeskaran likes this.
  10. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    From a recent getaway!
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 10, 2015 ---
    From a recent getaway! IMG_20150310_112650.jpg