1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Eicher India Road Atlas

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by J Ravi, Aug 18, 2012.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I ordered for Eicher India Road Atlas including 17 city maps [2011 edition] with MRP of rupee-symbol.gif 390, which was available for rupee-symbol.gif 234 after discounts with COD option on 12 August 2012. On 14 August 2012, I received the item. But, it was the older 2010 edition with MRP of rupee-symbol.gif 370. What was shown on their website was different from what was supplied to me, which amounted to cheating the customer. I raised a ticket with India Plaza and posted a single-star adverse review in mouthshut.com. I immediately received an email from their customer support stating that a replacement copy of 2011 edition of the road atlas would be supplied to me. I also received a phone call promising me the same.

Just a few minutes back, I received the replacement copy of 2011 edition of road atlas. I edited my review in mouthshut.com [from single star to 3 star; positive recommendation; full 5 star for service and support].:)
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2012
    2 people like this.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Oops!! Caught by spam guard because of external link it seems. Thread approved.
    1 person likes this.
  3. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Ravi,

How good is this road atlas? I found that the Eicher Mumbai map is quite inaccurate. On the whole I find that Google maps is perhaps the best bet, especially if you keep switching between map & satellite view when you are checking out a route. The best part is that it gives you the option to change the route suggested by it initially.

I did all my planning for my South India trip using Google maps. Places where I went wrong were due my own mistakes.

Regards
    Johnny
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    It is very good and useful for offline trip planning purposes. I find that both MMI and Google Maps don't give much details in Himalayan and NE region, whereas, Eicher India Road Atlas, based on Survey of India maps, covers more details and shows many villages, tracks and peaks. While travelling, I can always use it for a quick reference rather than searching in my tiny MMI navigator screen. For rupee-symbol.gif 234, it is VFM.:)
    1 person likes this.
  5. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For the NE & the Himalayan regions, I guess that this will be the best option. Once you are off the main roads MMI is clueless.

Regards
    Johnny
    1 person likes this.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    The price is Rs. 321 on flipkart and Rs. 234 on Indiaplaza. But flipkart has mentioned more details like 2011 ed, but that information is missing in other site.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Visit isbn.net.in and search with ISBN [International Standard Book Number]. It will display year of publication and online prices in India.

ISBN.png
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
    2 people like this.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    That is a new information and checked it. What india plaza shows is 2011 ed.(same as flip kart)
    1 person likes this.