1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

EGR Cleaning

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by amolmane, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    are these related to EGR valve:- HOSE CLIP BIG & HOSE CLIP costing each 27 INR & 18 INR.?
    the above were also changed during my EGR valve cleaning
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  2. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    I agree with Raghu that cleaning of EGR in my car resulted in smoother engine now the car is happy and breathing good.
    I went all the way to Bangalore from Chennai to get this done. Though it sounded crazy to many around me I was pretty convinced after looking at the sludge in the inlet manifold and EGR that my visit is very much justified. I am planning to do this once in every 30K KMs.
    It took one full day to complete this and Harish, the mechanic did an excellent job with utmost care.

Thanks
    Gopi
    2 people like this.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Yes, there's a lot of difference. I drove a 2009 one and it was pretty gruff at high rpm's. The Linea can be kept at 4000rpm's all day long.
    1 person likes this.
  4. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Ya I disconnected the battery and drove around for sometime. I feel the car has regained its previous tune. But why will there be power loss after TASS service?

Will Harish do MAF cleaning also with IP?
  5. Once the battery is disconnected ECU looses all the learnt knowledge about the conditions like air,driving style quality of fuel, that is when it defaults to stock values until about 50 kms, after which it will be back to what Siddharth had tuned.
    I got it IP myself from kankapura road, there electronics spares shop which sell about 2220 ml of IP for Rs 60/-,I think it's name is Ankit electronics or some thing like that it is corner shop easy to identify as there would be some CRT TC's kept out side (very near to Metro station being built).
    Harsih also knows the shop address.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    How can the ECU go back to stock? Not possible if its remapped. Tuner changes the stock values right? So if you reset the ecu it will be back to Tuner tuned values.
  7. Amit,

Stock I meant was map on the ROM,when ever ECU is reset ECU needs few kms of running to build operational maps(temporary map until next reset),which will have slight modifications to actual map based on conditions like quality of fuel,amount of air and driving style.

Every map depends on sensors out put to learn or build the operating maps usually it takes anywhere between 20 to 75 kms as no two cars are exactly same.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Italia-Linea

Pune
    Okay, thats what i was wondering from your statement "that is when it defaults to stock values until about 50 kms, after which it will be back to what Siddharth had tuned." this says that it goes to stock and then to siddharths tune.

It will go to siddharths vales in rom and then learn there after.

Magnetti Marelli ECUs have adaptive technology which not only learns the drive style but also learns about the wear and tear of parts and adjusts itself. It starts learning from the very first ignition on and keeps learning and adjusting.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    clogged EGR valve can also be considered under wear and tear ?
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  10. Italia-Linea

Pune
    EGR values are in %, and when EGR is opened via ECU the MAP sensor detects the addition and compensates for EGR flow. If the EGR is not opening properly and if its within the operating range ECU corrects the other factors. But if EGR is totally blocked then you get Engine check light error.
    1 person likes this.