1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

EGR Cleaning

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by amolmane, Nov 22, 2010.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Wonderful pictures even though it is too dirty :D
    Never imagined such large amount of deposits in our cars.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Vijay, did you use any degreaser/solvent to clean the inside of the intercooler?
  3. My mechanic used N.C Thinner.
  4. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great work by Vijay & Satchitananda .. You have spread awareness to Diesel engine owners.... how can't Fiat offer EGR Cleaning if an Fiat enthusiast can do this job of his own.
    Are the dealers are not competent enough to train their mechanics from factory.
    IMO those who are visiting factory may have word with Fiat officials about EGR Cleaning.
    1 person likes this.
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Gurjinder I used petrol, later washed it with pressurised water and than blew air into air cooler for 2.5 hrs to completely dry the intercooler.
    1 person likes this.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Cool. And what about the EGR?

One of these days do a D.I.Y writeup on the EGR removal and cleanup. Will help us all.
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Used brake cleaner and scrubbing with tools to clean EGR.
    Would post screenshot of procedure from service manual of punto. Also have elearn of linea but its not in English. Really helped in knowing which parts and screws are to be removed.
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
    6 people like this.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Mind sharing that elearn of Linea? I guess it is either Italian or Spanish. Would be a very good excuse to learn another foreign language :D

Rajan
  9. Used 3M carb cleaner for EGR and same for Manifold + later pressure wash.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks Mate,I doubt ASS will be ready spend that much time of their main mechanic to do this work.most of ASS will have one or two mechanics and rest of the team as trainees so they may not be able to afford one main technician to do this work.
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    There is a new special cleaner by bardahl for EGR cleaning. Try it. Dont soak the electronic part of the EGR. If you wash the intercooler with petrol make sure you dry it. Else when you start the car you hear Phat Phat sound.
    1 person likes this.