1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

EGR Cleaning

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by amolmane, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Did they clean the in take manifold and MAP? it is difficult to remove the manifold i doubt TASS folks will do it for RS 1200
  2. S.K

S.K

mumbai
    I have done EGR cleaning at 40 k 3rd service. They charge was around 1250, they kept car for 2days.hope they have done the job.
  3. My point is EGR can be removed with out removing the intake manifold, just cleaning EGR will not help as much as cleaning intake manifold along with MAP sensor.
    Removing Manifold is is time consuming job.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  4. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Hello Sat,

I need introduction to this guy Harish. I just got my car serviced from TASS, and I feel they have made it worse. I want to get the complete air flow cleaned up.
  5. Saurav,

Please call 9945112233, get MAF,Intercooler,all the pipes involved, Intake manifold and MAP cleaned, If you are living any where near by to Banashankari you may come and test drive my car.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sat,
    hows is your punto now ? how about acceleration and any increase in mileage ?

i have recently found on Nh-4 with Ford Figo neck to neck drive,we both were at 120 Kmph but after that figo was like cruising.my punto was also catching up(not so much energy :) as like tired ) but it was taking its sweet time,now i want to know the secret behind this sweet time :D
    my punto has done 44000 Kms,will it be worth if i go for EGR cleaning,please suggest.
  7. My punto is doing great now after EGR+all other stuff cleaned,City milage seems to be between 14-16,depending on sedate and spirited driving, I haven't been long drives except for testing in Nice rood, One thing what stands out is silent engine it has become even at 3000 RPM it is not very loud.
    Any way I am adding some more zing after 3500 RPM to get better top end by going for a new map.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    is it worth to get it done @ TASS ?
    is it common practice of EGR cleaning,just want to know the eligibility of this job from local garage guy....
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Yes you are right, once opened its better to clean everything. Removing manifold is easy and doesnt take much time at all. I have already done it 2 times.
  10. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Did you get MAF cleaned? I was told it is a thin wire. I hope there is no damage by opening it ??!!!

After TASS service I feel some low end punch has been chopped off although NVH is reduced. I will again check air pressure and see if it gets rectified. Car is now very sensitive to air pressure, fuel quality etc. Since air filter was changed, I have a doubt have they put in some dense filter which restricts air flow ??

by the way your private message inbox is full not allowing pm.