1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

EGR Cleaning

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by amolmane, Nov 22, 2010.

1. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

malappuram,kerala
    i got the whole cluster replaced under extended warranty. its cost was around 10- 12000rs. few issues like boot not opening while engine is on, fuel gauge issue, starting trouble everything vanished once i changed the battery.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 19, 2015 ---
    no that include EGR and intake manifold cleaning only..anyway i haven't done that. got the car serviced.the whole experience with hyson motors was good. and their body wash needs a special mention here. it was top notch.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I cleaned EGR,inlet manifold & intercooler in Rs.1700 at Ahmednagar.
    But no improvement in engine performance.
  3. Abhinav Sharma

Abhinav Sharma Novizio

Nagpur
    Nagpur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi to all

From last few days I can see small leakage in intercooler intake Hosh pipe(from joint and under bumper passenger side).

I am facing following two problems :-
    Smell of emission inside the cabin and frequent up and down in RPM in cold start.

Pls guide me whats the exact problem.
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Am thinking of getting EGR cleaned during my next service visit.Last got it cleaned around 3 years back.Never got manifold or intercooler cleaned...
  5. vishal_tomar

vishal_tomar Timido

Vadodara
    vadodara
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i believe this device does not work as prime but a shared exhaust gas pressure , why it get clogged like gentlemen told , i will check this . may it cause for rattling of engine some where ?
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    You should consult RS Motors, Mumbai on phone. If interested I shall speak to them in advance about your woes related to car performance. I am thinking you have a long standing issue related to pickup or something?
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks. Could you please ? OR provide contact no. ?
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @bhai do tag usernames else your replies might get missed. Their number is available on justdial website. Ask for Michael and also ask for Mr. Deshmukh. Make sure you speak to Mr. Deshmukh atleast once. Generally available between 12.30 to 7.00 pm on their landline. Alternatively ask for his personal cellphone number. Do remind them where you are calling from.