1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

EGR Cleaning

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by amolmane, Nov 22, 2010.

1. vishnuramachandran

vishnuramachandran Novizio

Calicut
    Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My car is done with 50,000 kms and is wolfed recently.As the remap deleted EGR,should i go for the cleaning of EGR, valve and intercooler?Since EGR is not functional, operation of intercooler doesnt come into picture, I guess:rolleyes:.So is it adequate only to clean the Intake manifolds,MAP,MAF and turbo and its associated pipe lines?:eek::rolleyes:
  2. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    intercooler will still be functioning even with EGR off. best will be to do the intercooler flushing also
  3. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

malappuram,kerala
    Hi gave my linea for service today. it has done 36500 kms and i felt the car a little sluggish. the SA says EGR cleaning will be good and he is quoting 3000 rs for that...is this a reasonable rate??can anyone please clarify..
  4. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    EGR cleaning normally costs half of that. the above quoted price is well in excess. you may ask him exactly what all is he planning to do apart from EGR cleaning
  5. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    I got a quote from FNG, for EGR cleaning (including intercooler and intake) for 7000 INR (approx). Having read the thread, i'm not sure whats a fair cost for same. Also, competence about the work.

They estimate it to be a 2 day work
  6. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    That's too high.
  7. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Even i feel so(especially after reading this thread), hence didn't get it done. Looking for inputs on competent FNG(s) in/around noida.
  8. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

malappuram,kerala
    Hi Harryaviator, the amount was quoted by hyson motors cochin. any idea how much is the reasonable rate?
  9. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    what is the status of your blank MDI vipin? I changed my battery and have the same problem
    Can you please help on your situation?
    vipinpradeep likes this.
  10. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    just check if it was only egr cleaning or including intercooler flushing and airway cleaning?

if so, the price is fine.. otherwise I am not so sure