1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

EGR Cleaning

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by amolmane, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @KKAUL
    Thats something new to check with about steel clamps.Will do visual check for the hose today in my car and if required will change too.
  2. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The hose clamp is located just below the bumper on the passenger side If you see any type of oil vapour at the hose connection it means you are loosing power upfront and choking your intercooler.
    Pradeepms and Ganges like this.
  3. sk.kashyap.92

sk.kashyap.92 Amatore

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Ganges@thanks.i am planning to visit fass tom.will get all cleaned once atleast.

Kkaul@ thanks. .will chk the same and get replaced.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 6, 2015 ---
    Any good mechanic in gurgaon. Who can do this job.FASS service here is very bad.they are more commercial and just want to mint money.

Have already been spending too much des days on my Punto
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @sk.kashyap.92

Have you not tried out DRS Gurgaon, a FASS branch of the Faridabad dealer+FASS?

If you have and have been left unsatisfied I'd like to hear more about that. Since my expriences have been repeatedly rather good, actually.

thanks
  5. sk.kashyap.92

sk.kashyap.92 Amatore

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I have been going to Torque.will try DRS.thanks
  6. car_champ

car_champ Timido

Pune
    My new Punto had developed occasional power loss when in 5th gear it use to cross 1900 RPM's ie when turbo use to kick in. It use to happen occasionally after odo crossed 7500 KM's. Since it was occasional the issue never replicated when technical expert from FASS use to check. However after first service(oil changes) the issue has gone automatically and my car is driving smooth. I recently completed 2500 KM road round trip without any issues. During the service FASS was able to detect issue and had offered EGR replacement( as they diagnosed it as EGR malfunctioning) however since the issue never reappeared after service, I am ok. Also with extended warranty its 5 years peace of mind in case even it reappears.
  7. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Can someone put the hose pipe part number? I am giving 49000kms service to Pride Cars tomorrow.
    Have asked for EGR cleaning as I am experiencing jerky situations when I need to overtake or push the accelerator pedal.
    Or will it help to replace the hose pipe.
  8. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    Recently found outthat, there is excessive smoke coming from the exhaust(black), under hard accelaration especially in third gear. Fuel Economy has fallen to 13.5 in city and 17-18 on highways. also, the engine is not as responsive as expected. really straining. (realised this when i drove a manza quadrajet, which had covered close to 50000 kms, yet silent and butter smooth response). My car (2011, linea 1.3 mjd) has completed 45000kms.

what all should i get done to get the responsiveness of the engine back, and to make it smoother?.
    where can i get it done in Kochi??

urgent!
  9. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Was the EDR and manifold cleaned at 30,000 kms? To check if its really the EGR that is leading to the issue, disconnect the EGR and check if the issue is resolved. Also, do check the air filter, it might be clogged, even if not visible do get it cleaned by air. Post doing these two things if still issue persist then get it checked at FASS
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    @harryaviator, please get all the turbo hoses checked for any cut or leakage because the symptoms that you have mentioned are typical to problem with turbo hose.