1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

EGR Cleaning

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by amolmane, Nov 22, 2010.

Grande Punto 1.3
    My 72k kms Old punto does'nt showed situations but yes, the power punch is missing in Turbo range. Slight flighted feel which used to be there in her younger days seems to be gone because of clogged EGR.
    I have to work really hard especially on overtaking situations where in i definite miss the punch. May be she is getting older....time for EGR Cleaning :confused:
  2. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Now that is something I actually did't made FASS to do, reason being that they never pointed this out. I'll get that checked asap. This jerky feeling is robbing lil pleasure out of the marvelous driving feel my Grande gives :-(
    Thanks for pointing that out :)
  3. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

EGR VALVE REPLACEMENT ( Hose from vacuum tank)

Pardon my ignorance, is EGR present in TJet ?

I am seeing check engine light today, I had a travel plan of 150 KMS, I drove for about 4 KMS and I see check engine.

There is loss of power and the thurst (Turbo boost) @ 1500 to 2000 RPM is missing. My Jet is behaving like 1.4 NA

I suspected the fuel lid closure might caused some trouble (Pressure). It was not closed properly, I closed it correctly, still i see the check engine.

I did not wanted to take any chances, back home will visit TASS tomorrow. Vehicle was serviced two weeks ago.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  4. shams

shams Esperto

^^ symptoms look more like those of cut turbo hose. Get them checked first.
    1 person likes this.
  5. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

I visited TASS. ECU inspection report was miss in turbo pressure. They have fixed it now check engine light has gone. I need to visit Highway for a spin to confirm that all is good. Will do it on Saturday.

Shockingly my Bluetooth stopped functioning after TASS visit. :evilsmile

I noticed this after reaching home, will have to visit again
  6. Guru_mprasad

Guru_mprasad Amatore

Can some one give me contacts for EGR, Intercooler and Input Manifold Cleaning in Bangalore.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
  8. sk.kashyap.92

sk.kashyap.92 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hello every one!
    I drive a Punto 90hp.I have clocked 1.20 lack kms.
    I am facing pick up issues and low mileage.Currently I am getting 11 to 12 km/like.
    I had got my egr value cleaned once in jaipur after which the car was smooth and was giving a better average.Value cleaning was done in 85 to 90 k kms...

Should I get only the valve cleaned or it would be better to get intercooler, manifold,egr...all cleaned.

Technician at Fass adviced that we should not unnecessarily get the activity done if there is not much issue.

Experts- Pls advice

Also Pls suggest a good and reliable mechanic in gurgaon who can do this work at cheap cost.;-)
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i too have the same problem in my 75hp clocked 1.44lakh Kms.2 Kms drop in efficiency.Last week done with MAF sensor cleaning but didnt got any effect.Next is planned as per below if vitamin M permits:-

1.Replace Clutch System(Still running on stock)
    2.EGR Cleaning(Not yet done even once)
    3.Intake cleaning(MAP,Manifold)
    4.if any,Heat exchanger leaks.

in your case , you have already done with EGR cleaning,would suggest you to with intake cleaning.
  10. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    To All

I have seen in many discussion on the forum that lot of people Cleaning EGR valve and intake manifold quite often in Diesel engine which in my opinion is just waste time due to negligence.
    For info

There is a hose pipe on the bottom that connects intercooler. The hose pipe has a clamp on the input of intercooler made up of plastic which is unscrewable and has to be cut to remove it. These type of clamps are better suited in petrol engines and in countries which are more cleaner and do not experience high amount of temperature gradient of both extremes. This clamp is bound to falter in INDIA and result we can see with so many people in forum. If you replace the clamp say at about 30 K km with a steel clamp you will have less chance of clogging.

Next point: The quality of the hose is not very good and will not with stand the aging effect which will increase with metal clamp ( corner cracking.) so better to replace the hose at 60K km and enjoy another 60 K KM.

The manifold in diesel engines have less chance of clogging due to the extreme air pressure.
    Once in a while you should run the engine at 3000 rpm or above on load when hot and it will clean every thing on its own

Also replace the air filters at every 8 to 10 K kms and clean them at every 5K km. You will never ever encounter these problem as discussed above.