1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

EGR Cleaning

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by amolmane, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Mr.Boss

Mr.Boss Amatore

Friends, what is the actual cost for EGR cleaning?
    Couldn't believe my ears, SSB Motors - Tanjore quoted me 750 INR:eek: for EGR cleaning (as per SA, it includes EGR, Inter cooler,intake manifold, everything)
    Since I had no time during my last service I did't got it done.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Ask them if they will do all the work mentioned exhaustively. Oddly enough, it has seems that Fiat has reduced rates of labour in certain areas, just like spares like arm rest have been priced at 4 times their initial cost.
  3. Mr.Boss

Mr.Boss Amatore

asked twice and confirmed the same. But not sure about the quality of their job.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    It takes time of nearly a day as per some accounts, but could be done in a matter of few hours as well. For Rs. 750/- you can't go too wrong. If it is a FASS, then the work quality liability is on them as well. Try to take off a day like saturday etc. and wait in service center waiting room and inspect the work at intervals with some Maskofying to the SA.

Expect the services to be as good as the SA and the mechanic involved with your car. The mechanics go by the book (as per their training), so maybe the work can be good enough if not exhaustive as some garages would probably do it.

I have seen mechanics here at Torrid Fiat, Mumbai to be very fast and rather efficient on days when cars are more to handle.

If they are opening the egr, hoses and intercooler, etc., cleaning the same is a no-brainer as such. Care needs to be taken while removal-refitting the same. After the service, ask them if they reset the egr valve status through the examiner.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Mohali FASS also charge the same amount. 800 rupees.
  6. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    in mumbai they charge 4500 and sometimes 2500 rs god knows how
  7. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

One of my friend cleaned EGR with RDC charted around 1200. I guess they did not include intercooler.
    BTW, does SSB Motors do Fiat service in Tanjore? If so how was the quality of the service?
  8. Mr.Boss

Mr.Boss Amatore

Till December they will be handling Fiat.
    Nothing to complain about their service, also nothing to praise. I feel they are bit lazy.
  9. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    The EGR on my Punto was replaced last week. However, I have noticed the following issues, which were not there before the EGR replacement-
    1. A foul smell emanates from the ac vents, which goes away after a while.
    2. The RPM needle keeps moving up and down while on a cold start before settling down. There is fluctuation in the engine idle noise as well. Again this wasn't there earlier.
    3. I also hear a water trickling kind of sound, probably in lower gears.
    Any idea if the EGR replacement could have caused this?

*P.S: not exactly sure if this is the right place to post these queries. Mods, if necessary, please move to appropriate section.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk