1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

EGR Cleaning

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by amolmane, Nov 22, 2010.

1. kaps

kaps Superiore

We are like this only. :cry:
  2. Pran

Pran Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    What is EGR?
    For GP and LInea, turbo is covered under extended warranty right?
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    EGR :- Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve. It open/close as per throttle position.
    It recirculates the exhaust gas to prevent pollution by Nox.

Yes ! Turbo is also covered in extended warrantee.
    1 person likes this.
  4. sungoa2010

Does Fiat has mentioned it anywhere? The engine check light can glow because of other reason also. Can you explain further
    What about partially blocked condition.
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

engine check light can glow for many reasons but ECU have a DTC stored in its memory on why the light is on and mechanic first have to check that and proceed further to correct the error in that unit.
  6. Folks,

I got my car's intake manifold,MAP sensor,intercooler and EGR cleaned, although my EGR doesn't work any more it still had lot sludge in the intake manifold, which was causing car to struggle for adequate supply of air in RPM's beyond 3000,I was doubting on intercooler but Harish of Pride cars confirmed clogged Intake manifold.
    I will post the pictures later. Now car doesn't increase the Noise or harshness when taken beyond 3500 RPM.
    I think this needs to be done once in 25-30 k Kms if you would like to keep the car for longer time and in good performance level. TASS will not do this will have to get it done by some trusted mechanic.

Also this very time consuming job will take a day of the mechanic to complete.I see increase in the mileage post this maintenance.
    3 people like this.
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Well,The mechanic at T.A.S.S asked me to go ahead and get the intake manifold cleaned.
    What all parts need to be removed for cleaning?,and how much did you pay?
  8. First air intake manifold it self has 5 screws to remove and plus the EGR, approch to this is only by removing the engine gaurd and one has crawl below the engine and remove this.
    It takes a complete one day to do this, since i did get cleaned other stuff like intercooler and a complete body wash Harish charged me Rs 2400 but this is required only once in say 30 k kms worth every penny spent.
    More details you can reach Harish at +91-9945112233
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. bibhupanda1

bibhupanda1 Timido

Linea 1.3
    Need to Clean EGR

There is certainly some issue in EGR for MJD engines. You have to clean it at periodic interval. I am working in few Engine manufacturing plants in India since 12 years and Now closely associated with FIAT power-train. Cannot give more inside info but its recommended to clean EGR. Maruti Guys are clever in mentioning in service manual.
    5 people like this.
  10. varin11

varin11 Superiore

I also got my EGR cleant at 64000 Kms when my turbo was getting replaced under EW.There was lot of sludge in the EGR.TASS charged me Rs 1200.My next step would be inter cooler cleaning.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
    1 person likes this.