1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

EGR Cleaning

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by amolmane, Nov 22, 2010.

1. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Im sure there would be competent Mechanics in hyderabad to do this job, but the first Punto to get it done should be ready to become a scapegoat for the mechanic to understand what to open up and how to open up properly. I'll look for someone in the next few weeks and give it a try maybe.
  2. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Guys even RDC fiat in chennai has refused to do the job for my MJD. They say it is not necessary to clean the turbo and egr. Is there any good reliable mechanics in chennai to do the job?
  3. carrerastrax

carrerastrax Timido

Bangalore
    Dear All,

Just to give an update on the positive improvements - other than the reduced harshness of the engine, the mileage has improved. Previously, if I cruised at 100 kph, the car would return a mileage of 18-19.5 kmpl (depending on how ferociously you reach 100). Under similar conditions, the mileage has improved to 21-22.5 kmpl. I was surprised when these figures showed up on the screen, as they were very high. I hope it stays this way..:)

No negatives so far. I shall report, if any.
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. Bharath,
    Why don't you drive down to Bangalore?
    1 person likes this.
  5. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Sure bro will drive down once and get my car checked with Harish.
  6. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Guys got my egr cleaned at RDC fiat last week. They charged me 650 plus 25 for some hose clip.

Now car loves to rev more and i can feel the new grunt in the car.
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I guess it is only EGR and not intercooler also? Gains are more of all these are cleaned in one go. :)

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  8. amar_gahir

amar_gahir Amatore

Delhi
    i got both EGR and manifold cleaned... do not remember the cost it was around 1200 INR approx.

but definitely car feels better.....
  9. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    It was along with intercooler. Got the confirmation form Tensing that they had done both. But i was suprised for the charge but they added another 650 for scanning.
  10. What about MAP/MAF and Intake manifold?