1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

EGR Cleaning

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by amolmane, Nov 22, 2010.

1. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    hahahaha so we all are sailing in a same boat!! irrespective of it's results at high speeds I think if the car has done more than 30K then we should get it done. You will definitely notice the difference the moment you start driving her.
    1 person likes this.
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    In FGT after speed of 130 engine RPM cross 3500 RPM
    Wastegate open to protect engine from high turbo boo & egr opens wide at high rpm.
    That's you might have getting tortoise effect after
    speed of 130.

Cars fitted VGT doesn't have wastegate.
    1 person likes this.
  3. ^^
    Car will need a remap if you want that to be quicker.

I got a call from Harish, he requested TFIen's who wish to go for EGR cleaning to provide at-least 1.5 days as he doesn't want to do the things in hurry as also want to make sure quality is ensured at every aspect.
    2 people like this.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Guys i got EGR valve/Intercooler cleaning done at TASS in response to my complain of lots of black smoke, low mileage and low pickup this friday!! http://www.teamfiat.co.in/punto-1-3-mjd/2423-journey-punto-27.html#post167078

The SC guy had told me that it will take about 1 day for the exhaust to get cleaned while i drive with occasional bursts of speed. I already drove the car on highway for 120 kms to see the difference but even after that I could not observe any difference. black smoke is still there. pickup and mileage also haven't improved!!

Should I wait for another few days and see if there is any improvement or not. Please advise.
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  5. Sham, Why don't you go to Harish, since you are in bangalore it will be easy for you.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Hi Sat, i will wait this week and see if there is some improvement. If there is none then i will take my punto to him. Which area of bangalore is he located in?
  7. He is in south bangalore , place is near to K.R road, Google maps shows it as old veternary road.
    If the ERG,manifold,MAF,MAP and Inter coolder cleaning is done properly you will feel the difference immediately, I feel those TASS folks might not have done a proper job.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ I was told that EGR valve and Intercooler has been cleaned. Not sure of Manifold, MAP and MAF!!
  9. Just cleaning EGR valve is not sufficient manifold needs to be cleaned too, as the carbon from is EGR deposited in manifold slowly clogging it and reducing air quantify.
  10. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad

I hope TASS thoroughly checked the Turbo hose pipes. The symptoms you mentioned above indicate leak in turbo boost. If the cut is big enough, there is normally a whoosh sounds when you rev hard, but if it is a minor slit, it might not be very noticeable.