1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

EGR Cleaning

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by amolmane, Nov 22, 2010.

1. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    Last weekend i decided to get the EGR cleaning done for my 1.3epgp. As i had a plan to travel to Mumbai, hence decided that i will get it done at FIAT ASS Balaji cars at thane. Reached there around 12.00 pm and they quickly started the work on my punto. By 6.00 pm car was ready. Overall it was a very good experience. The charged me 2500/- as a labour and 600(Consumables+taxes) total damages 3100/-. But, after cleaning the EGR and Intercooler, she has become much quieter and there is an improvement in throttle response. Yet to check if there is any improvement on FE front. Image0211.jpg Image0212.jpg Image0213.jpg Image0214.jpg
  2. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

What is the location of the EGR in the engine bay?
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Behind the Common Rail pump. Beneath the top right corner of the engine cover. :)
  4. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

So that means,if we have to get just the EGR cleaned we do not need to pull apart the bumper and the works.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Roger that.

Cheers.
  6. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    yes we don't need to open the bumper for EGR cleaning. But, if you want to clean the intercooler then you need to remove the bumper too.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    how about the mileage difference ? and hows the car above 100 Kmph as compared before EGR cleaning ?
  8. Did you also clean manifold and MAP sensor? Manifold will have lot of carbon deposits too.
  9. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    I am yet to check her on FE front.
    Just yesterday late night did the tankful. While returning home he delivered 24.9km/L without AC drove very sedately. Now she feels very smooth, accelerates quickly, the diesel clatter has definitely gone down:wow. Lets wait for another 200+kms then i can comment on FE front.
    Above 100kmph, yes now she is more eager, but I am still not happy the way she performs at high speed. When i drive 90HP she is always eager to touch the redline. The progress after 130-140 is very slow, where as in 90HP speed keeps on building. I know i should not compare 75 vs 90 but still cant help it.:ugeek:

- - - Merged Post - - -

yes we did clean the manifold. but...hang on really not sure about the MAP sensor!!!:confused: Never mind soon i will be going for servicing that time i can ask them to check/clean MAP sensor too!!! thank you for that buddy!!:grin:
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    this is what i too feel without EGR cleaning as well and after EGR cleaning as well. its tortoise from this section of speed.