1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Effect on internals due to abrupt shutdown of engine on acct of inconsistent clutch.

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by sriramr9, Oct 6, 2013.

1. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    I have a question on effect of MJD (engine transmission side and connecting gear cogs)engine's internals due to an abrupt shutdown of engine while driving, caused due to inconsistent clutch/brake inputs. Today during a test drive session my friend started driving the car and gained speed. In Toral darkness out of no where a buffalo from its herd drfited towards the car. My friend tried to avoid and in the process did apply brakes and claims to have depressed clutch, but inconsistent inputs were evident and car came to a jolting stop with head lights on and engine turned off, with the oil lamp and battery lamp on (FI lamp was turned off).

My primary concern is apart from turbo what will be the effect of internals especially about the beating that the drive shaft would have taken along with the associated gear engaged with clutch released half way when
    vehicle was in motion (25 kmph). Frustration.gif Frustration.gif I did drive the car after that and did not feel any difference in play/ pickup/ strange noise from engine compartment or while applying gear. Is there any other way where one can look/ inspect the transmission side for any mechanical aberrations. In the last 15000 km that the vehicle had clocked, this is the first beating that the engine had taken as part of physical abuse. Counting on your replies .
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Simply put - your friend stalled the car. No long term harm done. Relax.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  3. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Sure Patchyboy. Agree that the critical components would be constructed to take such beatings on and off. If it is harm i would like to know about it. please elaborate more about it. Please elaborate.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Don't give it any thought.

keep-calm-and-drive-fiat-6.png
    2 people like this.
  5. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai