1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ecu updations

Discussion in 'Technical' started by rohit9997@rediffmail.com, Jun 21, 2014.

1. rohit9997@rediffmail.com

rohit9997@rediffmail.com Timido

nashik
    Do we need to do ecu updations after 5k or 10k kms of run for 1.3 mjd linea.as I am not getting the assured fuel econom.or els pls suggest.
  2. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    ECU updation? Who said you need ECU updation to increase fuel economy?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Sounds like oil change for ECU ::OO:evilsmile:evilsmile

ECU updates where done for 2009/10 cars which faced ac cooling issues.
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    What is the average you are getting and in what driving conditions
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    You are not wrong in concept about ECU update, but practically companies are not known to offer it too often unless there is a major bug.

However, you can upgrade ECU with Wolfmoto remaps for economy or power modes or a mixed compromise of both. There are other programmers also in market who upgrade ECU with custom maps like only economy or such others as per customer requirements.

But on stock ECU company program, you should get decent fuel economy as such. Please get your car serviced and checked for faults and drive sedately and shift gears at perfect moments (as in right gears at specific RPM ranges) and you should be getting good FE.

A simple rule of thumb for diesels esp. MJDs is using 3rd or 4th to cruise within city depending on availability of free roads and using overdrive and maintaining 90-110 speed on highway for FE over 20kmpl+.