1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ECU update for Punto 1.2 from Fiat India.

Discussion in 'Technical' started by manik_tfi, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Puntom

Puntom Amatore

Bengaluru
    Had left my car in Vecto on Thursday.
    Along with the software update had many other small repairs.

On Thursday they took the entire day to finish all other repairs.

On Friday when they took up the software update, they realized that their examiner was not working. They spent the whole day correcting that.
    At 6pm I went there and the update was in progress. After an hour it was finished and I took the car.

I've not driven too much in city after that but the antistall doesn't seem to kick in as frequently as it was earlier and the braking definitely feels better.

After I came home, I saw that the technicians had forgot a printout in the glovebox...a printout of a presentation with the details of the update.

New Doc 2_1.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
    4 people like this.
  2. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

bangalore
    Great to know that :) . I am still expecting a call from KHT for the same !!
    May be if it doesn't happen in couple of day, i will also take it to Vecto. As am planning a trip by coming weekend
  3. Puntom

Puntom Amatore

Bengaluru
    If you had purchased it from KHT you can expect a call. Or else book an appointment by yourself.
    The technician at Vecto was telling me that they had called every 1.2 owner in their database.
    Maybe since I had purchased my vehicle from the erstwhile tata-fiat concorde dealership, I didn't receive any call.
    I had booked an appointment myself to get this done

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
  4. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

bangalore
    Done with my ECU update along with some fixes on minor niggles :)
    All perfect now. Differences felt
    1. Definitely improvement in breaking
    2. Clutch behavior is refined now. Also i feel pickup has improved a bit in 1st and 2nd gear

A test with car fully loaded ( 4 on board) with full AC will show the real difference, soon will test that and update !
  5. kiranrv

kiranrv Amatore

Chennai
    Can someone confirm does this update needed for the one with mfg dt of Mar'2014
  6. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

bangalore
    Hi Kiran,
    Better u check your car with the service center.
    There are very few users with 1.2 FIRE engine and even the FASS are less informed about this. In Bangalore we had to initiate the ECU update and got it done.
    So i would suggest talk to the service center inform them regarding this, if they are unaware of it, and check your car irrespective of its needed or not :). This will ensure peace of mind ;) rather than being in doubt
  7. meples

meples Novizio

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @svvickky, can I go to Vecto Motors for the update? I had bought my Punto from KHT and they don't seem to know anything about any ECU update. Pathetic these guys are!
  8. mnranjeeth

mnranjeeth Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I recently read in the KHT service center thread that someone got their 1.2 ECU updated recently!
    I have seen the MD of KHT follows the thread and you can post your comments directly on that thread!
  9. Josh!

Josh! Timido

Pune
    Brake Fail Feel During Reverse gear without clutch pressing.

Good News ! had reported this to SC Pandit Auto 2 years back that My Dad is complaining for brake failure feel while taking reverse as unless we declutch it didn't allow us to brake at all. Shall check this and will reply a feed back.
    Last edited: May 27, 2014