1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ECU UPDATE 2014 OLD look Linea Dynamic Diesel

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Sagar Sawant, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Sagar Sawant

Sagar Sawant Amatore

Pune
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Is there any ECU software update for the 2014 OLD look Linea Dynamic Diesel Linea?
  2. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    As per my knowledge, the ECU update is applicable only to new facelift lineas.
  3. Sagar Sawant

Sagar Sawant Amatore

Pune
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    I have read it is applicable to 2014 90bhp engines ... please confirm ...

I quote from TEAM-BHP forum

Hello All,

FIAT has released a new ECU update to address the shudder/jerk usually experienced in gear 3. I got the ECU update done today at AV moors here in Hyderabad and I the issue has been addressed.
    From my conversation with the GM - Service at AV motors he mentioned that FIAT has issued a circular to have the S/W update done across all the 2014 90HP engines hence all the 2014 Linea's and 90 HP Punto's would receive this ECU update mostly when they come in for service. If somebody wants to get this addressed immediately please call any FASS for a quick appointment and you can get this done in flat 10-15 min, its free of cost & covered under warranty.
    Post the software update I did observe something very interesting, the drive-ability of the car seems to have improved. In simple words the turbo lag seems to have minimized and I did feel that the car was pulling fine in gear 3 where earlier I had to downshift to gear 2 and I observed similar behavior between gear 3 & 4.Please do not expect any miracles as its the same 1.3 MJD and the ECU update would not do any wonders to make it sprint friendly or pull like a train at lower rpm's, however Iam sure you would observe a significant change in the drive-ability.
  4. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    @Sagar Sawant : As per my knowledge, the ECU update is applicable only to 2014 facelifted 90 HP cars (Linea / Punto), not the old look ones, even if they belong to 2014. You can directly contact Fiat for clarification.