1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ECU to be changed.(knocking sound from engine)

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by varoon9999, Jul 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @Varoonn gud 2 hear bhai... but resolution seems to be same for both of us.You remember even i do also got that kadd kadd sound near engine and we discussed about timing chain but later it got fixed don't know how. But SA told me that may b injector got blocked due to which it didn't spray well. And somehow injector nozzle got cleared up. I hope this blocking issue arose due to bad fuel .

So overall injector is the main culprit for this..

Anyways good news is that knocking sound got resolved without touching the main engine.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Classical TASS. Always groping in the dark 90% of the time while diagnosing faults.
  3. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    gurjinder bhai... i have learnt so much about TASS in this 5-6 months... which reach to conclusion that ... NEVER believe them in one go...do your research first and follow ur mind...
    1 person likes this.
  4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Who changed injectors - ABS or HIM?

Happy to know that it is resolved...
  5. gurjinder

Punjab
    Happy to hear that , mate.

I won't say all TASS are similar, but most service centres (across all brands) feed on the customer's ignorance. If we can eliminate ignorance and make their life that much more harder, they will definitely revamp their operating principles and systems.

Not many even listen to the customer's views. Once the "master technician" even had a heated argument with me at the end of which he said " Will you tell me what to do? " I just replied " Yes, because you don't know what you're doing". LOL. After that day i've never trusted TASS much.

Though i blindly trust the local FIAT mechanics who work on the Palio. :)

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  6. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    TASS Diagnosis was.

-New ECU needs to be remapped (Its so brand new why is it required to remap???)
    -BCM (Body control module is not working)
    -whole wiring needs to be checked or replaced.(examiner not reading ECM & BCM)

*****later on i came to know that examiner at TASS has some malfunction and those morons were blaming wiring and BCM.A guy from DELPHI was called to have a check on wiring WTF*******

@ Aashish Thanks buddy,contaminated fuel was the culprit for injectors to go awry.

@ Speedjet bro, Injectors were changed by ABS only

@Guru 22ji. Thanks for the concern.

Morning when i cranked my car there was not even an inch of smoke and mileage has gone up to 14+ from 10 km/l.

Thanks everybody for their valuable inputs and suggestions.
    1 person likes this.
  7. gurjinder

Punjab
    Happy to hear that brother.

Thread Closed.
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.