1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ECU to be changed.(knocking sound from engine)

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by varoon9999, Jul 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guru bro,

TASS is always trial & error that's what i have understood in these 2 years(bcz i spent whole day down with mechanics at workshop and see them working on cars).let them give a try else i''ll take it to op sharma.Him motors in quite far from my place and am very much running short of leaves in my office.if have taken umpteen half days from office just to visit Tass.There is a function coming up in my home and i have to spend some days to buy things for the function but am so engrossed in my visit to TASS.Today was the 3rd consecutive weekend i spent at TASS.

Aplogies for the harsh word,i can always put forward and share my car problems with you all brothers.I don't even discuss this with my parents nor with my elder brother because they have got sick of it,every weekend am after my car as per them.
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    HUH !!! idiots at TASS. Magnetti marelli ECUS are sealed perfectly and i have never heard them failing easily.

I am suspecting the injectors for the knocking reason. Secondly check whether hydraulics are perfect and the hydraulic valves are operating perfectly.

What the hell is Magnetti Marelli going to do by remapping? The new ECU already has a map.

The injectors have code and sequential correction done during the assembly itself. If injectors are wrongly fitted or if any injector is faulty or wiring is faulty then there are high chances of knocking.
    3 people like this.
  3. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks italia-linea bro,will tell them to check for the injectors tommorow.If examiner is not reading ECM are there any chances of glitch in wiring??we did try the same examiner on another punto and it worked perfectly.

---------- Post added July 29, 2012 at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was July 28, 2012 at 11:58 PM ----------

Speedjet bro,

I have spoken to Mr.Sharma this morning and told him about the issue and he suggested me to drain all diesel from the car and pour new good diesel and could be injectors too.Same is been conveyed to my advisor lets see how it turns out to be.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

If examiner is not reading ECU there are following possibilities:

1. OBD port problem - Ask them to put another ecu in the engine bay and again connect to obd and check whether it reads.

2. ECU problem - however if ECU is not reading then car should not start at all
  5. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Sorry bro about the the challenges faced by you.. Keep us posted.
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I agree with Italia-linea. Problem is in injectors.
    Multijet has 5 step multi injections per cycle.

If one or more injection fails knocking occures.

Tata ASS is beating around the bush only to avoid expensive warranter claim.
    They give always bad treatment fiat cars like step-brother.
  7. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    2 days.nothing their crm said ,"we are getting in touch with FIAT but not able to get any revert.have told me they will be calling me back by 11'o clock tommorow.TASS has given up and raised their hands they are like we don't know sir why is this knocking(kollaveri D).
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  8. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    any updates?

I would suggest to take your car away from these punks. In my recent visit I have found multiple Fiat owners that these guys are not attending the cars - in a couple of cases it was more than a month. It's like you need to stand besides these folks to get your work done
  9. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Show up tomorrow at Him in Patparganj. Have they put the ECU back in the car? I'll be there tomorrow from morning till afternoon getting the 60k servicing done for my Punto along with some extra works.
  10. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ahhemm Ahhemmm.

Folks my back ogre is back home today and issue is resolved.ECU changing was not at all required only change in injectors did the trick and am enjoying my ride now.Old ECU is back in place and new injectors are plonked in and that kadd kadd noise is gone and pick up is back to normal.will check for the cloud of smoke tommorow morning.nothing was paid,warranty.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.