1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ECU to be changed.(knocking sound from engine)

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by varoon9999, Jul 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Even my Linea has gone thro' 25+ parts change !!

This is what is the issue Fiat has to plug. If such parts changes happen in a select few cars, it's still ok but it's happening in far too many cars.

Even my dear good old Ford Ikon did not have to go thro' any part change except for Fuel Pump in 5.5 years, 90,000 kms.
  2. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @varoon

Even i have the same rattling noise near engine compartment for 12-14 days and my car has done 13000km . Made second service and the Service center guy told me that it has timing chain issue.

When i start my car it has another kadd kadd noise seem to be ike something hitting to the wall. when i increase the rpm the noise ends up. After done with second service the noise become more noisy as it has engine oil changed. Drove around 150 km and same noise. Shown to ABS motors also and they says the same TIMING CHAIN issue. As i don't want to touch the nearby engine compartment but to my amaze the noise went off and don't know how. Again i call the OBEROI CARS, Noida and then he has some other story like the oil spray nozzle now might gets cleared out and so timing chain is getting better lubricant with it and no need to change the TIMING CHAIN.

Now its been more than 300 km and no kadd kadd noise. Hope this may help you out. And yes it might be due to adulterated fuel also.
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  3. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ Speedjet bro,

ABS motors is doing this ECU change.I get my tank filled at HP pump which is next to tau devilal park(sector-21) 5mins drive from my place.

@Amit bro.

Fiat really needs to pull up their socks on the quality check.its really annoying and cumbersome one could witness after spending 6.5 lacs.

@Aasish bro,

ABS fellows are staunch believers of trial and error method.have experienced quite a few of them.lets give them a try on this ECU part.Mr.Anand from FIAT India came and inspected the vehicle and diagnosed the same.lets wait and watch.

Forgot to add point 5.

Issues as of dates with ECU gone haywire is__

1.Most Irritating,knocking nosie(kad kad)
    2.Heavy vibrtaions.
    3.Engine too noisy when its reved hard.
    4.Mileage dropped down to 10 km/l.
    5.Cloud of white smoke when car is cranked every morning.
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Varooon 22ji

Did TASS temporarily plug in a working ECU to check whether all the problems disappeared? Did the examiner tell the ECU is fried/not working as it should ? Or just a guess by the TASS and the FIAT "expert"?
  5. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guru 22ji,

looks like they had got it checked with the examiner.Not sure on this i was not there at TASS(was in office for a meeting) when they inspected it.Earlier one linea had same issue like mine.Then they opened whole engine,got a new block and new engine,still linea was making same noise kad kad.then they changed the ecu and things came back to track.Am hoping this is ecu issue only,else am very scared for my baby to go for surgeries again and again.
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Varoon bro - any reasons for not getting it checked at Him Motors when you were there for your fuel tank issue? Also, have you tried changing the petrol pump and see if it made a difference

ABS guys appear to be a dedicated lot but may not be best guys for doing this replacement as compared to Mr Sharma
  7. gurjinder

Punjab
    Yes ^^^

Drop by at Mr.Sharma for a second opinion??
  8. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    morning since 9 am till evening 6:30 was spent at ABS motors for this ecu issue.ECU was changed early morning only 30 mins job it was.After changing ecu knocking is gone only when car is stagnant.Moment booted or car takes load it started making same knocking kaaadd kaaddd noise.Guy who fixed the ecu tried his best with the examiner couldn't get hold of the glitch.Examiner was just reading the ECU and was not reading the ECM(Engine control module),then i asked the mechanic and he was surprised to see this and guessed that something wrong in wiring and needs to be checked.

As per advisor if examiner doesn't shows the glicth then this car needs to be taken to the office of ""MAGNETI MARELLI"" (the makers of our fiat ecu's) for the remapping of the ecu.

Tommorow wiring will be checked for the ECM not getting paired with the examiner.Then they will be calling Anand rajpoot to have a look on this may be on Monday.

Car is gone for again some days and ppl who stays in gurgaon may be knowing how difficult to commute without a vehicle.these two years of my ownership is full of what do i say now????personal life& official life is all fu**** up because visit to TASS are not coming to an end and letting me do other work.If this wouldn't have been my hard earned money i would have certainly done something to this....:A:A:A

IMG-20120728-00064.jpg

IMG-20120728-00065.jpg

IMG-20120728-00069.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  9. gurjinder

Punjab
    Sorry to hear that 22ji.

I somehow feel TASS are not diagnosing the real reason.
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Varoon -- in my view ABS guys are not the best guys for doing diagnosis. At best they are good for simple replacement jobs

moreover they take a lot of time for even simple jobs. Hopefully your issue should get solved soon. Why don't you take an input from Mr Sharma. The 2 Nitins of Tfi seem to have good relationship with him, take their help if needed

as far as going to ABS workshop is concerned it is a pain with virtually no road and kichadd just outside their workshop. The flooded water also does not help
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.