1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ECU/ECM reset procedure ?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

thanks. I read that complete thread and I have just disconnected the battery negative terminal again. will wait for 30 mins and reconnect it and drive about 20 kms to office. will keep updating the thread.. thanks all

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

here is the update the odo is still blinking I will take it to tass tomorrow
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Do check all the fuses. It's a common cause of the blinking odo.

Cheers.
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    If odo is blinking and B&M is also not working, most probably B&M may have conked off. Check.
    Were you running b&m ver 5.4
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    reseted the ecu by removing -ve termina,while remvd the engine was warm.
    After 30 mins will connect the terminal and will idle engine for few mins(say 4 mins) and then wil have 20 km drive.
    Will update the behaviour.
  5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Now that b&m is not working i cant check its version. but what if its version 5.4 ?

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

Finally i was able to resolve this issue. here is what i did.
    removed pen drive from usb slot. ensured that deck is turned off. then disconnected both negative and positive terminal of battery. connected it again after 15 mins. drove for 15 mins. then checked the steering controls and b&m. its working now. will connect pendrive again tomorrow and check.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    no change in the behaviour,it remains the same.rather due to reset previously USER setings of equaliser was nt working,now its working happy with.
    Kuch toh hua.::D
  7. You need 30 minutes to get the ECU dis charged completely and 5 minutes idle-ling made difference to my car.
    -Sat
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sat,
    after removing -ve terminal,i have given 40 mins to get ECU reset and then kept engine idle for 4 mins and then been for a long drive of 20 Kms with average speed of 80 Kmph,didnt feel any acceleration or peppier feel.
    then the other next day been for trip of 575 kms,eventhough no change...(with AC 19.1 Km with normal speed of 80 and 90 Kmph kabhie kabhie 100 110 Kmph)

When the -ve terminal was removed engine was warm is that fine ?

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

Sat,
    eventhough the battery is disconencted the data is wiped off,but the last data(the last aggressive or boring drive whatever...) is saved in the EEROM which is reffered to after 30 mins of the battery disconenction as well.....

i believe this reset of ECU is no use on FIAT cars..... rather malfunctioning of some other instrument panel displays...

Please dont try this, if the car is perfectly fit !
  9. I got a peppiness in the acceleration, may your car already had that not sure.
  10. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Even ill second this the car has become more responsive ...and runs better now.
    1 person likes this.