1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ECU/ECM reset procedure ?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Jan 17, 2012.

1. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

I'm asking out of my ignorance..
    what is the whole point in resetting the Ecu..!??
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    next time when i connect i will take screenshots of my laptop
    1 person likes this.
  3. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    i agree even i feel that despite changing the temperature setting the compressor on-off cycle remains the same. in my uno when the thermostat is set at high degree the compressor stays on for a while only. i tried this in my linea when the climate is pleasant to improve mileage but all it does is mix some hot air to control temperature. any logic/benefits behind the variable type clutch compressor?
  4. We tried this as my fried Santro had Peaky power issue, after reset car seems to accelerate linearly and milage seems to have improved by 1km /ltr
  5. marvin patrick gray

marvin patrick gray Amatore

Lucknow
    Improved by 1kmpl. Great save mate. Keep it up. :p

I cant believe that resetting an ECU can resolve this issue.
  6. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    since my car runs on cng, whenever i switch my car back to petrol it knocks a lot at idle. the car takes several kms before it settles. but what i do is whenever i am at home and want to run on petrol i disconnect the battery terminal for 10 minutes and the car starts and run perfectly on petrol.
  7. Folks,

Although I wanted to do this ECU reset since the time I posted,I never got time to do it. or spending 35 minutes seems to to be criminal waste of time for me:)
    Today some how i decided to do it while i was cleaning my house so that i don't feel like I wasted time:),after about 45 minutes i connected the -ve terminal and let the car to idle for 10 minutes although 5 minutes was what I intended but I got lost in reading some thing in the daily news paper.

Now what is the result?

Wait , let me tell you how my car felt before reset first, i always felt my car had great aptitude for highways not city as I really had to work on the accelerator to get the car to go as per my wish or expectation.when ever i drove Tfiatian Vithal's car or my co-brothers new 2012 car I used feel like cheated by FIAT as acceleration was poor in my car compared to them.I even inquired TASS whether they can help me to get newer version of ECU software!! probably the bad acceleration had to do with TASS practice of disconnecting the -ve terminal during service and not giving enough time for the ECU to learn new values by driving the car immediately.
    Now after the reset i can't believe my own senses, as the car is eager to move ahead as it seems to be in a hurry to drive me around faster to so that car can do some thing else in it's spare time:)
    -Sat
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    How about the fuel efficiency ?
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Fuel efficiency will not be affected. The ECU remaps itself with the driving habits of the driver. Since one is not looking to set fire on road always, ECU starts limiting all occasional & sudden throttles & in gear acceleration. It's more like saying weighing two aspects, which is more often will get voted by ECU.

I never liked this aspect of FIAT's tuning. It only manages to spoil the fun one would occasionally look for. Having said that, if you always drive your car aggressively, ECU will favor the aggressive driving & your vehicle may prove faster than other FIAT's because of a few parameters being favored by the ECU.
  10. Trip meter showed same FE of 14 Kmpl but difference was car was lot quicker in overtaking and resposive.

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Is this FIAT tuning stuff only? is there a way to disable it?
    1 person likes this.