1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ECU/ECM reset procedure ?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Jan 17, 2012.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Italia- Linea Yes there is fuse for ECU in the fuse box located near battery

@Sat-chit Good job done. I was also going to write about ECU reset by removing fuse.

ECU reset by removing fuse is correct way.
    Coz I got problem of odometer blinking when I reset my ecu by removing battery terminal

Problem of odometer blinking may occure due to disconnecting -ve terminal of battery.

So to avoid odo blink don't reset ecu by removing battery terminals

If you want to reset just remove the fuse of ecu
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  2. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    I can't see the need either. Even on the dyno, when making some 20 runs the not only the torque/power graphs constantly differ within the few minutes the car is on the rollers, but also the air fuel ratio changes are dramatically changing. This is regardless whether the ECU is cleared of the long term fuel trim data or not. The performance will not be better. The data adjustment is very quick.
  3. We tried on my friends Santro,it had a peaky power issue ,where in touch on the pedal car would accelerate fast now after ECu reset acceleration is lot more linear than what it was earlier and it is staying the same way as per him.
    P.S: he brought used 2005 model car.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    there is another way of doing this. but i would not recommend this to anyone.
    this is using obd with fiat software.

there is a mode where in you can zero the seft adaptation parameters of the ecu. as soon as you do this ecu even forgets whether its a auto or manual transmission and you get an error.

as soon as you press the clutch it learns its manual and then you start climate control ac then you take your car for spin and it learns all new parameters the way you want it to :)
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    But there is no sensor anywhere in the Linea/Punto clutch system to talk to the ECU. How can the ECU know :confused::confused:
  6. Italia-Linea

Pune
    there is, when you depress the clutch it shows depresses and when you slot the gear it shows engaged :)
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Seems like you've been doing thorough investigation on the Linea. :p Where can we see these statuses ; on the examiner? And where are the sensors located.
  8. Italia-Linea

Pune
    lol, i am fiddling too much with my linea which i shouldnt i think so :)

yes on the examiner you see them. dont know exactly where the sensor is located, but i guess it works on canbus system.

a similar one is as soon as you remove the lhs or rhs turn indicator bulb you get a message in the MID " LHS turn indicator replace"

one more thing that i noticed is the AC compressor on Auto climate control AC stays on despite of temp reached. later i discovered it has variable type clutch compressor.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Loads of gyan, can you post pictures of it.
  10. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Technically he should get back the same issue in couple of days as it is an error which cannot be resolved by re-setting the ecu