1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ecstacy of owning a FIAT:: Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion July 2009

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by fiatlover, May 24, 2011.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks.
    Was there any mileage drop when the leak was there ?Any slight increase in rpm for a particular speed compared to earlier, when the leak was not there?
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I had felt a marginal decrease in power. Other than that, and the excessive noise, no other difference worth mentioning was there.

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Just now checked with the SA the status of my Punto.
    It seems they are still checking coolant system, air filters, etc,. because it is a hot-start problem. When I mentioned that the problem is with electrical system, he just said "yes sir, we know that, we are checking possibilities one by one." He promised to deliver the car by tomorrow evening.
    Waiting...
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Finally I replaced my Punto s EOM Exide battery with a new one, again 44Ah. Contrary to many others' experience, the OEM Exide battery served me well for more than 2.5 years. In the last few months, it has been giving all kinds of issues, like numerous error messages on MID, difficulty to start requiring multiple attempts, MID reset and so on.

I had actually thought of getting Bosch Silver, but I could not find a dealer nearby. Finaly decided to go for Exide.

Cost of the new battery is Rs.4000 after taking the old battery. It has 18 months replacement warranty. With the new battery, starting has now become much easier: no need for repeated cranking, no error messages on display, now MID reset, all those have become things of the past.
    Last edited: May 8, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    What is the make? Amron?
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I went for Exide again.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Hi, I just found in another thread that your Hazard warning button has gone inside. Just wondering whether it can suck back with a vacuum cleaner?
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I doubt. It is not the button gone in, one side of the panel with the entire buttons. I think the locking mechanism on one side gave up. The buttons are functional though. I think I will at least have to take the music player out to fix it back.
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Still wondering how to fix it without TASS' help. Feviquick is a good idea. The only problem is when I have to remove it in future for some purpose
    hazard_light_button_gone_in.jpg
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Did you check it in Fiat forum. You may get a solution.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Went for the free checkup camp on Saturday at Concorde motors diary circle. I think the event was not widely advertised or looked it like was maintly meant for NANOs, as there were several of them. But that doesn't mean FIAT were uncared, the few FIATs that came got the attention they deserved.
    I wanted to check the condition of brake pads and also wanted to do an underbody inspection. The under body wash was long pending and that was done too, to my satisfaction. After checking, they confirmed that brake pads can go another 2000 kms minimum for sure, and suggested that I check after 1800 kms. After the checkup, they handed over a copy of the checklist to me and also a small gift. Snacks were served for all those who came. I reached the SC at 9.30, I got my car back neat and clean after the checkup and wash at 1.00 PM.

Gift for the visitos
    service_camp_gift.jpg
    1 person likes this.