1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ecstacy of owning a FIAT:: Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion July 2009

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by fiatlover, May 24, 2011.

1. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    That's not a pleasant feeling! I don't think the pads should give way so soon. I changed pads on mine at 30k service (MJD) and the second set is running fine at 46k odd. Take it to the SC and check if the rotors (discs) are not the culprit. It could be a minor issue with dirt/stones and a cleaning job could take care of it.
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Nothing to worry. Brake pads are in good health. They just required cleaning and are good for another 6-7k kms. Then, it would be time for fourth service.
    For now, no cost involved.
    Just wondering why these kind of minor issues keep coming, issues that never surfaced in the first two years, like we say in physics "when (driving) conditions remain the same".
    Whatever issues pop up, a visit to Concorde ensures that I don't have to visit them again for another 2-3 months at least. And that is why I prefer Concorde motors.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    These for the eyes! Milestones I may not be able to see again until I buy another FIAT!

Image021.jpg

Image022.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    One idiot biker rear-ended my Punto today morning on the marathalli-sarjapur outer ring road, causing some really bad scratches on the left rear bumper. First ever major damage in 2.5 years. He profusely apologized to me for that and while going, he again hit my left ORVM. Wanted to paste him on the road for that, but... Nothing happened to the ORVM because it folds to both sides.
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    No 'major' damage except for a slightly misaligned bumper. I need to remove the paint left on my car due to the impact with the SAMURAI warrior.

bikehit2.jpg
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    My red Punto got a similar scratches by another biker. He tried to cross the road while I was turning and the tyre hit my bumper. The cap of towing area came out with black marks of his tyre. After a wash and wipe with a soft cloth the scratches are almost invisible.(In last 4 photos of my ownership thread the scratches are not visible) I will try with polishing. Don't want to use complaint since that area is one of the heart of punto's design and any mismatch will be prominent. Looks like your scratch also may disappear after a wash and wipe.
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yeah the wash and then polishing will make the scratch disappear, As its only the tyre marks of the bike...
    So irresponsible riders on the streets or may be he owns a S@@@t and is envy on the looks of Punto...
  8. LOL! :) Thats true...
  9. D-Punter

D-Punter Novizio

gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.4
    @fiatlover: I have also booked a fiat 1.4 Epk and will be getting it's delivery very soon. It's a 2011 model and was getting fair discounts so gone for it. Man the day I took TD of this car i was in love with it...though i was really confused to go for diesel or petrol..my budget for diesel was not that much to afford fully loaded features diesel punto so i finally ended buying petrol only...:d I'm really now relaxed & proud after reading your review on this beauty.. I'm concerned about the FE..my driving will be mostly on NH-8 daily, 45 Kms, will not try to go above 80 Kms as such..how much FE will i be able to get? what other things should i keep in mind to get good FE..
  10. D-Punter, my advice is not to worry too much about the FE from the first day onwards. Enjoy the car and get to know all the little details of it. Just dont ever be too harsh on the throttle or the brakes and drive gently. FE can and will get better with time as kms and Services add up..

But, right now, just enjoy the heavenly experience of driving a Fiat! Congratulations and welcome to the family..
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2012