1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ecstacy of owning a FIAT:: Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion July 2009

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by fiatlover, May 24, 2011.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I was long thinking what I would gift to my Punto at 2 years. Finally I decided to get the long postponed one, a GPS Navigator. I got Garmin Nuvi 40 device from US through a friend(another FIATian), and purchased SatGuide maps from SatNav.
    Today was the first test of the GPS and the maps. Both passed with flying colors. :) I set the route as old airport road to mahavir jain hospital. The maps and directions were accurate. When I took the wrong turns couple of times because of error of judgement of the distance, the device recalculated the route and guided me correctly. Here are couple of snaps taken from my mobile. Last one clicked by my son.
    gps.jpg
    gps1.jpg
    gps2.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  2. anoop

anoop Superiore

That is one nice gift :) what was the damage to pocket?
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    For the Garmin Nuvi 40 device= $ 130
    Satguide maps=INR 1245
    That's it!
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  4. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Regolare

Pune
    Hi,

Nice to read your review!

I too own a Punto 1.4 FIRE:drinks
    My car is due for its 2nd servicing tomorrow.

My car is yet to get the ac upgrade.
    Since you have got the upgraded ac wanted to know a few things like;
    1. Effect of new ac on Car's performance
    2. Ac fan noise
    3. Any improvement in the 1st/2nd gear speed/pickup

Would really appreciate your feedback on the above.

Cheers,

Vikrant
  5. paritosh

paritosh

Pune
    2 bits from my 1.4

1. No noticeable change in perf. Still getting the same economy rate. Avg 14Kmpl, 17 on highways and mostly AC on.
    2. Its better. There is no running fan when engine shut down as was the case before.
    3. Nothing noticeable. AC is super efficient though.
  6. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Regolare

Pune
    Thanks paritosh!

I was in 2 minds for the ac upgrade.
    Where did u have your ac upgrade done? my dealer pandit auto is still awaiting stocks(more than 7 months now)

Nice to see your city avg of 14kmpl! mine is around 12kmpl(b2b pune traffic)

7. anoop

anoop Superiore

@fiatlover : that is a very reasonable price. Enjoy the Nuvi :)
  8. paritosh

paritosh

Pune
    I did at pandit at tilak road.. Had to really pester them and then send a couple stinkers to fiat email id. I think it took abt 4 months before they finally called.
    Emails worked. You have to ask them when was the last kit replaced for anyone and include the response to fiat.
  9. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Regolare

Pune

Have sent mails to fiat..2 weeks now..no response...except for assurance on mail that I will get a call soon:roll:.

Hope it's done soon.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    AC Upgrade improved the performance to a great extent. Previously, engine used to feel the heaviness when AC is on. That is not there anymore. Cooling has improved by leaps and bounds.
    The fan noise continues as is- bigger fan now after upgrade, means more noisy, but not an issue when windows are rolled up.
    I never felt any sluggishness or feel underpowered in 1st and 2nd gear. There s a lag of 2-3 seconds in acceleration when driving in slow moving traffic, else no issues. Some members say that it because of my light footed driving habit. But, even after a month of shoot and screech mode driving, it hasn't changed, though it improves city mileage!

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

I am trying to get some south indian voice for the 'announce street name' feature! Googling didnt help. None available it seems...
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2011