1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ecstacy of owning a FIAT:: Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion July 2009

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by fiatlover, May 24, 2011.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Got the Fuse box fixed free of cost. They replaced the metal clips FOC.
    Front turn indicator bulb died. Was getting the message "Check RHS turn light" as well as the amber warning light. Got replaced that too.
    It is PHILIPS, type PY21W. Costed Rs 124.
    I am replacing it for the first time after two years. Bought one spare so that I dont have to drive 10 km to buy one next time.
  2. Ravenlord

Ravenlord Novizio

Gurgaon
    Brake Pads

Don't you feel you had to change the brake pads too soon? In Maruti and Hyundai cars, you need to change around 40k kms! I have the same car but in E+, and I just changed my discs (cost me 3,000INR) but apparently the brake pads are still good for another 4,000 kms (I have done 18k kms so far). Confusing, I know, but I live in Gurgaon and I am (sort of) willing to believe that the discs were damaged by continuous exposure to dust here.
  3. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Is this normal? I also get this thud sound in the rear suspension. On first service I pointed out the problem and they said they tightened some bolt, but I could not find any improvement.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    @Ravenlord: I had to replace my brake pads at 11k kms. I know it is a little too early, but considering my brake usage in bangalore city, braking efficiency is very important. How did the disks damage if the pads are good for another 4k kms?
    In most other cars, brake pads lst more than 35k kms.

@Redbull: Most times we (I and my car) are solitary. The thud is less when the rear is loaded. As far as I understand, this is normal.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Our Palio D has done 1,20,000 km's and is still on the original disc rotors.

God knows what's going on these days with rotors being changed at 20k or even 40k.
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Got a call from concorde motors call centre today, three weeks after third service. They wanted to know how the car is performing after service, and also wanted to check if there are any issues unattended. The upper glove box part replacement is still pending as the part is unavailable. She took note of that.

Who said TASS is not improving?
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Some update on mileage after AC upgrade and 3rd free service
    ---------------------------------------------------
    I did a 800 kms trip to Kerala last week and the highest highway mileage I got was 17 kmpl. That was on Bangalore-Mysore-Hunsur road. After Hunsur I entered patches of bad roads and mileage started falling, but never below 15 kmpl. Interesting point is Punto gives the best mileage at 80kmph. Running above or below 80 kmph reduces FE. I am trying to find out how I can drive at 80 in Bangalore city.
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    After a wash in pure drinking water at my house in kerala. In the August rains!

punto1.jpg
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    nuove lezioni
    -------------
    Maintaining the RPM between 2000-2800 gives me better FE figures these days. I have been driving very light footed last few months to get the best per litre. Maintaining low RPM alone doesn't give high FE, at least in my case.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Right, one thing is for sure, once you clean up the Punto, you yourself keep on admiring it all day long,

DSC00628.jpg