1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ecstacy of owning a FIAT:: Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion July 2009

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by fiatlover, May 24, 2011.

1. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My Office is in BTM 29th Main Road.

I found that BP diesel is not suits much to MJD. I also use IOC near by my home (Jeevan Bhima Nagar). MJD looks more eager to rev. with IOC quality.
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Mileage figures are from the MID. It ranges between 10-12 in city. I rarely do a full tank during city running. Now I seriously suspect that the fuel quantity is not accurate in other bunks. I used to fill for 2k twice a month and if required, another 1k at month end. That has been my pattern. Now third week completed after the second 2k filling. :)

There is a new Shell bunk open on Outer ring road near the Sarjapur Road junction / fly-over.
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  3. ravz414

ravz414

Bangalore
    Hey Cheers I bought a punto too..
    My doubt is, is there a way to connect USB in the factory built music system.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Hello ravz414, Congrats on your purchase.

Please search/go through the "Did you know" Series. You will have all the answers and more about your car there.

Enjoy..!
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Congrats on your Punto!
    I think E pack comes with a USB option. In older versions, the USB adapter used to be there in the glove box. They should be there in the current generation too.
    I don't know which HU you got. Mine is the first generation blaupunkt one without USB(Emotion).
    As mentioned above, also have a look at the "Did you know" series thread.
  6. ravz414

ravz414

Bangalore
    Thanks.. Yes, I found the USB port in the glovebox... But it wasn't in the "Did you know series"
    1 person likes this.
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Another unwelcome opportunity to use the spare wheel. Another puncture. This time didnt call the RSA, replaced the tyre myself in 15 minutes. No big deal.
    1 person likes this.
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Replaced my Punto's shoes today. Yokohama DNA Decibel Series Espec 185/70/R14. A minor upgrade from 175 to 185. Mine might be first Punto on DNA Decibel Series in this profile because this was released very recently, may be a few weeks back.
    Going for a brand new product has its advantages and disadvantages. You end up becoming the early adopter of a successful product or sometimes, a failed product. The first batch of a product is like the first show of a movie. Feedback from the first show will decide the fate of the movie. I prefer to believe that the first batch of the product will have better quality and features, like my own Punto. smile.png

Initial feedback after driving 15kms of mixed roads (Drove from Madhus, langford road to Wipro, Sarjapur road)
    -Ride is smoother and less noisy, may be because I have been driving on old, rough tires for some time now. But I feel that they are softer tyres and road noise is very less.
    -Very visible difference in breaking. With the old tyres, I used to get squeaking noise from from the disc/brake pad. Now with new tyres, the noise is not there anymore.
    -grip seems to be good.
    Sorry for the poor quality pic. Was taken in a hurry. Will upload better ones later.

front.jpg
    dbseries.jpg
    3 people like this.
  9. hotkar

hotkar Timido

bangalore

Buddy, is this problem sorted out ? i have the same problem and it keeps coming off everyday... so wanted to know if something can be done outside the service centre...
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    This happened in my case long back and just once. I fixed it myself and it never appeared again.
    Just try putting a clip or a small piece of copper wire pulled out from a wire. If you have a bike, just see how the hose from the petrol tank is fixed firmly. You can use such a clip here here as well.
    1 person likes this.