1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ecstacy of owning a FIAT:: Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion July 2009

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by fiatlover, May 24, 2011.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I would suggest to spend Rs 470 and get your CIBIL score online, before you apply for housing loan just to be on safer side. Saying this because Loan processing fees, paid once won't be refunded and CIBIL record can sometimes have problems which we might not even be aware of.

To quote an example, A friend of mine who was buying a Vento recently had his loan rejected due to problem in CIBIL record. the problem was that he held a credit card for few months some 8 yrs back which he never used. there was some fees of amount less than 100 which he had paid and closed the card. however, in CIBIL records, somehow there was a write-off of some 300 odd rupess mentioned against that credit card of his! ultimately he had to take the loan on his wife's name because time wasn't enough to get the record corrected.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Thanks, Shams!
    I purchased the CIBIL score online, all seems to be fine. I was surprised by the way all my transactions were tracked!

I had fears because there was a case of cheque bouncing some ten years back due a signature mismatch. There was also one non-payment issue sometime in 2006 for an SCB credit card, which was forced on me, but never used. After a year or so later, SCB sent a statement to my previous address in Chennai when I had already moved to Bangalore. The next statement was with fine for non-payment. I then cut the card into four and dropped in an SCB ATM with a request to cancel/close it. That seems to have worked. Closing the card this way was one thing I meticulously followed on all (just three) my previous cards.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Some statistics after a long time :)
    Did a drive home of 370 kms last week.
    Average Mileage: 13.5 kmpl, highest was 16.5 (on highway). Since the intention was not to test mileage, but to reach home before it gets dark, but safely, I did not venture for the "how much it gives" test
    Max speed: 130kmph, average speed for the whole trip was 44kmph
    Time taken: 8 hours
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    For a change, I decided to fill from Shell this time. Looks like it took around 30kms or so for the engine to fully realize that there is no more Indianoil, HP, and BP left in the engine. Engine is even more silent now.
    Why I went for Shell? Shell opened a new outlet near my place. And the cost petrol at Shell and other outlets are almost the same these days.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    25 litres of petrol used to be sufficient for me for two weeks when I used to fill from IOC, HP, or BP bunks. Now after filling thrice from Shell, I observe that the same amount lasts more than three weeks now. The mileage hasn't changed much except for a difference 0.20 or 0.40 km on the MID. My weekly running has been almost constant all these years. That means the problem is with the fuel quantity and NOT with fuel quality. This also means that the public sector bunks have been cheating me for the last four years by under-filling by 3-4 litres for every 25 litres I paid for.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Did you try to measure FE, by full tank to full tank method?
    But shell fuel quality is better than these public sector outlets. Petrol owners have this advantage. For diesel, price diference is huge and even with low quality, no other option.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    For Petrol, I would always prefer Shell over PSU pumps. This makes me wonder if we are getting cheated for Diesel too.
  8. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have tried couple of times with shell, and FE was not much different. I have got nice COCO IOC bunk near my home :).
  9. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Just Curious, which part of Bangalore r u staying?
  10. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    BTM.
    The COCO I am talking about is IOC, near Udupi Garden signal. There is one more BP bunk, opposite, I heard that is also good.