1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ecstacy of owning a FIAT:: Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion July 2009

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by fiatlover, May 24, 2011.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    It was not exactly the usual puncture. The base rubber portion of the nozzle had cracked. Air was escaping through that. Replaced the nozzle. It looks fine for now.
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I got the free check up done at KHT today afternoon. It took two hours. Wheel rotation was done on request, but free of cost. The exercise included topping up fluids free of cost, exterior wash, and general check up. They identified a few issues for me to worry about and fix later.
    They also gave me a coupon valid for one month that offers 20% discount on labor and 10% on parts.

I wanted to get a liter each of Selenia and Paraflu, which I always keep as a backup. It appears that FIAT has stopped providing Selenia in one liter can. Not sure whether it is true, but that's what the spare parts guy told me.
    1 person likes this.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    No alignment? It is not a good idea to rotate wheels, without alignment as well. Also, hope it was only front to back rotation and not 'X' pattern.

Rajan
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    It was front to back. I had specifically told them not to do X rotation. I will be doing alignment outside from a dedicated place.
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Free from the clutches of the bank. Last EMI goes today. :dancing
    Dehypothecation to be done soon
    6 people like this.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    which bank EMI did you take the loan from? i had my car loan from SBI until few months back. they kept deducting emi for couple of months even after completion of tenure! had to make numerous phone calls and a visit to the branch to get things sorted out.

To be on safer side give an application to your bank to stop emi deduction for loan! I am also yet to apply for hypothecation removal
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Mine is from HDFC Bank. As per my loan schedule, the last EMI is to go today. I will not keep enough money in account for them to deduct:).
    Unable to believe that SBI would do that.Now i see that SBI is no different! Anyways, I will get a loan clearance statement from HDFC at the earliest.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Please do not do that. Not only will your bank charge you for "cheque bouncing charges", but the lender will also report you to CIBIL as a defaulter. Setting all of that right will take a lot of effort and time. Best thing to do would be to give standing instructions to your bank to stop the ECS debit and also initiate the process for getting a "No Due" certificate from the lending institution, before the next EMI date comes up. That way, you have documentary proof to show that the lender was aware that the loan was paid up and had no business trying to get one more EMI :D

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  9. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    @Rajan, very valid info, one of my friend had trouble getting home loan as his Cibil score showed a 1st installment Cheque bounce of Rs 999/- which he had issued to purchase a washing machine via a bank offer.. It bounced due to signature mismatch.

It was a Herculean task to get the CIBIL entry corrected as it involves multiple rounds to bank etc plus waiting time for their corresponding department to request CIBIL to make necessary changes. With all this waiting the flat he was trying to buy went up by 80k.. It's better to close it formally.
    1 person likes this.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Sure, Rajan. I will first get no due certificate and loan statement from the bank, and then get hypothecation removed from the RC. A negative entry in CIBIL at this point would screw up my plans. So better to play safe. Anyways, I have a month's time to get all documented.

Waiting for the housing loan process to start anytime, so better play safe. :)