1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ecstacy of owning a FIAT:: Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion July 2009

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by fiatlover, May 24, 2011.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    At home town
    Photo0801.jpg

Reflections
    Photo0800.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
    5 people like this.
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Drive back to Bangalore. Starting of the ghat section near Iritty
    Photo0819.jpg
    Morning mist
    Photo0820.jpg
    2 people like this.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Completed the 4th year/60k service last week at the new KHT FIAT Service Center, Bangalore. I got this done almost a month in advance of the expiry of extended warranty, which is mid Aug.
    Job items included:
    -Replacement of all fluids: Done
    -Replacement of all filters: Done
    -Engine oil flushing: Done
    -AC cleaning: Done
    -Replacement of Timing kit: Done. (As per manual, this is required for 1.4 engine. Cost for this alone comes to 10k)
    -Replacement of accessory/auxiliary belts: Done
    Complaints I had were:
    -Hard gear shift in just two months clutch kit replacement. I suspected and feared that something has gone wrong. But no, it's all fine.
    -Squeaking clutch pedal: It has been a distraction for almost a month, caused may be due to lack of/insufficient lubrication.
    -Water seeping into the boot during heavy rains: They told me they have addressed it, but yet to see how effective it is.

I drove more than 200 kms after service. Gear shift is much better now and the clutch pedal doesn't squeak now and is much smoother too.
    There were noises (includes rattles). Though I hadn't raised this as an issue, I think they checked for the usual suspects and fixed most of them. The noises are gone now.
    Total service cost came to 18k (including labor and parts cost for timing kit replacement).
    After service, I can feel a positive change in performance.
    This is the first time I am getting issues addressed at KHT without having to visit them a second time. And I am fully satisfied with the service quality this time.
    2 people like this.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Drove the car in heavy rains yesterday. The oily smear that used used to appear over the windshield during wiper action is not there anymore, thanks to the thorough cleaning done during last service. Also observed that rain drops get scatted into small drops. Not sure whether they applied any polish without informing me. :cool: It's possible to drive without wiper in moderate rains.
    No water seeping is observed in the boot. Seems resolved.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Driving home tomorrow early morning. It's raining heavily in north Kerala. Will be changing the wiper blades today.
    Route here.
    2 people like this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    fiatlover,
    in my recent trip to torupathi most of the region was raining and i have to drive during night as well.
    i have seen in lakhs these kind of flies(especially can be seen during the rainy season and mostly under street lights),it was all over the state highway.
    So reqquest you not to switch ON the wiper(i have done this and man just imagine the situation).

rain_flies.jpg

P.S:- My front bumper Mesh grill was decorated with these flies.

Happy Journey and have safe drive
    3 people like this.
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Thanks for the information. I plan to start around 4.30-5.00 AM and hope to reach by 12.00. These flies may not be a problem during day light as they always seem to move towards any source of light. Headlamps in the night may have acted as a great invitation for them.
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Enjoy the monsoon drive. Bon voyage.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Bangalore- Mysore-Hunsur-Kushalnagar-Ammathi Town- Virajpetta- Makkutta- Iritty- Kannur. can be considered as an alternative. Heard that roads in bad shape from periapatana to sidapura.

1 person likes this.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
    2 people like this.