1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ecstacy of owning a FIAT:: Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion July 2009

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by fiatlover, May 24, 2011.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Frankly speaking, I never looked at the rpm when cruisng above 100 kmph. But i think it rarely crossed 2500. When the engine get older the oil gets thicker and there will be some impact on the pick up. Thats my understanding.
    Oil change will make the engine smoother, but I dont think oil change will increase the car's speed.
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Spare Parts Availability: I have seen several people complaining about the lack or non-availability of spare parts. I never faced this problem. In my 20 months of ownership, I got replaced left headlamp, wiper blades, brake pads, CSC(upgrade), and AC Kit(upgrade). All these parts were readily available with TASS. Not all these are manufactured in India.
    I seriously feel this issue is blown out of proportion in many cases.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Wash & Wipe stopped working temporarily; fixed now!

Today morning I wanted to do a wash and wipe. Surprised to that it's wiping but not washing!
    I lifted the bonnet and checked only to see that the rubber pipe has gone off the nozzle and there is water almost everywhere inside. Connected the pipe again and it is back to work again.
    Why this happened?: Most probably when lifting the bonnet, I raised it a little higher than what is actually required, which in turn stretched the rubber tube, which is a very soft material and can go off the nozzle every easily.
    washandwipe.jpg
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Two years has passed and the car has been performing smoothly till date without any complaints, just giving me what I need and when I need it, and yes without questioning me.

Third Free service is due by end of July/early Aug.
    Anything special to be done other than what is mentioned in the manual? Please suggest. I will happily note them down. :)
    Also, Punto 1.4 owners: If you have already done 3rd service, please share what extra things you did and the total cost of service.
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Third Free Service Done; More happy- My Car & Me

Completed 3rd Free Service this weekend @ 16000 kms. There were no issues to be fixed. I had requested to check the rear suspension as the thud was there. Got confirmed that nothings needs to be done there, all is fine.
    • Engine Oil Change
    • Filters
    • Coolant (replaced it completely as it got mixed with the wrong coolant earlier)
    • Minor bent in the rear bumper corrected.
    • Wheel balancing & Alignment
    Total cost of service: Rs. 4458.:p
    Details below
    3rd_service.jpg

Driving experience after service:
    • Engine is smoother, more silent.
    • Steering was a little tight earlier. Has become smooth now.
    • Gear shifting got smoother too.
    • The Car has become smother. Mileage is what I want to check now.
    Couple of minor things were not done. As it was night when the car was delivered, I could not check while taking delivery. One is the broken glove-box spring and the other is the right hand side indicator near the ORVM. As these were not really critical issues, I will get it done next time I visit the service center.
    Over all, I am satisfied with the service.
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    The right side indicator has ben replaced. The service guys from concorde motors came to my office today with the part and fixed it in hardly five minutes. The part was not available last week when I had given my punto for service.
    Good Job, Concorde!

What is replaced?
    Side Indicator Lamp near the outer rear view mirror (RH). Replaced because the lock broke from inside and was popping out.
    Part no: 0059116330 SIDE LAMP
    Price: 65.00 (57.02+ VAT 7.98)

The glove box part is still not available. waiting for that. My SA has already placed order for that and has promised to inform me once it is available.
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Usually, when we give our car for service, the service advisor takes the service coupon in the morning itself when we give the car for service. This time, I had a surprise. The SA told me that he will take the service coupon only when he delivers the car back to me after service.

Yesterday, I got the service feedback call from FIAT Pune. It began like this: "Hi, this is so&so from FIAT Company, Maharashtra..." followed by the rating questions. I was lucky enough to hear the word FIAT in the beginning, otherwise I would have thought it is some other company or consultant. Why can't they say "FIAT India Pvt Ltd" clearly ? The way she introduced herself made me feel like she is from some small company in MH. They need to be more professional in communicating with customers.

What she does is perfect, but how she does is just not impressive.

To sum up, I gave excellent rating to my SA and all the work done on my car.
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    My Punto Gets MYSHALDAN

myshaldan.jpg

Enjoying its aroma!
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    The fuse box cover near the steering fell off today. The metallic clips for both the locks have been damaged, which I am sure happened duing the last 3rd free service, because I never had to open the fuse box in the last two years. Looks like the service guys had applied some force to open it and ended up in damaging the locks.
    Just now spoke to the SA who took care of my car. He tells me that I have to go to Concorde and he will get it fixed.

The locking mechanism for the fuse box looked silly for a premium car. Dont want to start talking about the plastic quality again!