1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ecstacy of owning a FIAT:: Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion July 2009

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by fiatlover, May 24, 2011.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Using the rear defogger for the first time after 3.5 years!
    defogger in action.jpg
    Confirmed that it was not damaged post sunfilm removal and cleaning!
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    "Check stop lights" on MID!
    Rear left bulb (brake lights) is gone.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    After the recent CMC failure, I decided to enroll for RSA, which did not exist wehn I bought my Punto. I paid the money more than a week back and they confirmed that I will get the welcome kit shortly. No news yet. And they are no replying to emails.
    Looks like they are waiting for me to create a complaining thread on TFI! Who knows!
  4. Did you get a chance to change the plug.
    1 person likes this.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Had booked two slots for service at concorde last week and this week..Could not make both due to some problems at home. Issues one or the other keep cropping up. Now the brake light gone I have to fix at least that asap. I noticed that Pride cars is in banasankari, quite far from my place, Sarjapur road. But I have to get this work done, for sure, earlier the better.
    1 person likes this.
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    The RSA kit reached me today. Updating here because those who read this might think that I am still waiting...No. The wait has come to an end. :)
    1 person likes this.
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    My Punto is at Concorde for a running service. Issue to be addressed:
    1. Khat khat noise from left rear. Leaking suspension (?)
    2. Reverse light dislodged, rear bumper misaligned, thanks to a santro that rear-ended last week. No major damage. The light needs to be fixed back and bumper realigned.
    3. Stop light bul to be replaced.

They dont do EGR cleaning unless there is a complaint/issue. So keeping it for Harish (planned for 2nd week of march.)
  8. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Khat-Khat noise could be the link rod issue.
    1 person likes this.
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I had gone through your thread on this issue and how you resolved it. Suspected suspension only because I noticed a leak there. I have asked khan to check the link rod too.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Apart from these, as part of the general checkup a very minor leakage was observed on the coolant lines. Lower radiator hose has been replaced. Replacing it for the second time in a year. Unsure why the same part is getting damaged too frequently.
    The fuel tank lid was a little difficult to close, had to apply to force to close it properly. The push lock was cleaned as it had some mud collected from the rear tyre. Has become smooth now. Special thanks to Khan for fixing this without me telling.
    The engine guard was removed a straightened. I did get a decent it recently, after a long time. It rarely hits, when it hits, its a bad hit!