1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ecstacy of owning a FIAT:: Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion July 2009

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by fiatlover, May 24, 2011.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Perceptions may vary. But visor is very useful during rains. You can lower the windows a little and drive without AC. :)
    I was looking from the utility perspective.
    No. I didnt notice any difference. The visors did not add to the noise.
    3 people like this.
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Let me push up my thread :)

officepark.jpg
    7 people like this.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Today I got wheel balancing, alignment, and rotation done at Sai Iyengar Tyres on Sarjapur Road. I am billed Rs.550. Will observe any difference for the next few days and report.
    1 person likes this.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    City mileage in Bangalore City.
    mileage1.jpg
    mileage2.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  5. Thulasi,

I would suggest you to go for Iridium spark plugs and cleaning of MAP and throttle body once. I have used irridium plugs in all my previous cars performce improves a bit with slightly better FE and NVH levels will go down marginally.
    I sued the NGK as well as Bosch but i felt NGK was better.

-Sat
    1 person likes this.
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Do TASS people do this or do I have to perform this outside? Because my car being still in extended warranty, didnt want to do any major work outside, which would be called violation at least until warranty expires.

I need to go to TASS soon...there are couple of other minor issues I am facing now. One of them being noise(rattle) from the rear.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  7. I doubt whether TASS cares about cleaning the Throttle body,many a times they don't even open to clean the spark plugs unless told to them specifically.
    You can still go back to stock plugs while giving it for service and switch back to Iridium.No one can find out whether you have used a different plug.
    Advantage of both plug and cleaning is you will feel the difference.
    1 person likes this.
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Thanks! Let me make this my agenda for January. I was going through your threads on this subject. Let me address the minor TASS fixable issues first, then talk to Harish for throttle body cleaning.
  9. You can buy Irridium plugs from JK automobiles JC road.he would need a Picture or sample to get you the plug.
    If TASS couldn't fix it Harish can do it for you.
    1 person likes this.
  10. There is another shop by name Soni center or some thing like that ,that shop is left side of first signal in JC road where you would see Tire delrs shops end and Helmet dealers shops start,walk for distance of 2000 feet and need to go inside building with series of shops Sony center is at the last,He wouldn't need any sample or picture.
    1 person likes this.