1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ecstacy of owning a FIAT:: Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion July 2009

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by fiatlover, May 24, 2011.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Part of the credit goes to TFI too because I quoted this thread posts in the email to FIAT. That the issue is shared and discussed on a public forum prompts faster action. Anyways, I happy that my Punto will be back home today.

Service Lessons from Bangalore!
    If your car is given for service at Concorde, talk to FIAT for faster action
    If your car is given for service at KHT, talk to Adit for faster action
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
    2 people like this.
  2. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore

Relieved that your issue is sorted out and happy to see that FIAT is in fact getting proactive on issues such as this.
    1 person likes this.
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Whilst I'm happy that your issue stands resolved, I don't think I'm happy with the way Concorde handled this matter. You had to write to Fiat to fix something which they could've done themselves proactively. How did the earlier delivery date change all of sudden after writing to Fiat? Hopefully the newer dealers are more proactive than Concorde. Alteast in Chennai they are the worst one could get the car serviced at.
    1 person likes this.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Good news. Fiat has done maximum and the best that one customer can expect in such situation. My trust in the brand in growing day by day. Fiat has definitely a bright future in India.

Have you discussed to TASS about possible cause of such failure. is there any thing that we can take care to prevent it?
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    I agree with teky. For everything one can not be forced to write to Fiat. Good service means a customer gets it across the locations from all employees. That's what is our organisation's motto where I work. Every single individual (and there are more than 25,000) is committed to give excellent service to a customer and is held responsible.
    1 person likes this.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I waited for a week for a part to fix the window raising problem of my Alto. Imagine this is the model selling the same model in 32000 numbers.
    Getz in our home had to wait for weeks for a bumper and related parts that got damaged in accident. In the case of Alto I wrote to Maruti and there was no effort from their side. My car was lying in garage with windows open. We cannot expect all dealers to be good for any brand. One shouldn't see that we have to write to Fiat for everything instead should think that whenever we write they are responding.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I asked them how did they suddenly get the part which otherwise would take a few more days. First he said "we arranged it." On Further probing he confessed he got the part from Concorde chennai, after FIAT put pressure. This happened in less that 24 hours after FIAT intervened. This means that they can do things properly if someone higher is breathing above their shoulders. Story would have been different if FIAT hadn't intervened, I would still be waiting.

It seems they keep only moving parts. But they should make sure that they keep at least one piece of each part. CMC is not that costly one, just around INR.1500. Though prerana told me they didnt have the spare when I checked, Khan told me they had one spare, but, like aadya, they were unwilling to share with another dealer. I just told him Prerana, Concorde, or Aadya wont reach anywhere by competing against each other to beat FIAT. Each dealer may have their own policies to share or not share parts with other dealers of the same manufacturer.

Moral of the story is, until someone is behind them with a cane, they dont do their duty proactively. Though writing to FIAT for every single issue doesnt look good for the dealer or FIAT, dealers should know that unhappy customers would approach FIAT and escalate the issue.

There are rumors that Concorde may not go for FIAT independant service stations in Bangalore. That may be one reason why they are not keeping parts as backup. My experience in general has been good with Concorde, diary circle.

They say this is one of the rarest of rare cases where CMC failed. Now after driving with the new CMC, I feel that it was very gradual, slow death of CMC. One fine morning, it completely gave up. As it is very gradual and slow, you are unlikely to notice the minor difference in clutch feel, unless someone else drives the car. Best thing to do would be to compare the clutch behavior of another car of the same specs. May be I prolonged the CMC failure with my clutch usage style, that is by always using full clutch.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I have one more query. In perfect health of clutch and related parts will gear shift is possible without pressing clutch pedal? If it is can we see it as one of the symptoms of clutch failure?
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Yes, gear shift is possible without clutch when the engine is turned off. Shifting will be a little harder than with clutch pressed.
    I think rubbery/hard shift when the engine is running is an indiator of clutch issues.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Glad that you got the issue fixed through Fiat intervention and sad that the dealers are no ready to co-operate in moving around the spare parts to get a customer out of trouble. That too from Aadya and Prerana who will have exclusive Fiat showrooms and service centers.
    1 person likes this.