1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ecstacy of owning a FIAT:: Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion July 2009

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by fiatlover, May 24, 2011.

1. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    Nope man. They said it is not covered in the warranty. I did not stand to argue as my dad was in the hospital & I wanted the car for doing the running around.
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    both MC and CSC are covered under extended warranty. The warranty manual clearly mentions this.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    There was a funny incident today. I got a call from FIAT Pune, taking feedback on the emergency breakdown service that Concorde did. They wanted to know how the car is performing now. I was at my wits end and lost my temper. I tried callin Khan at Concorde, but he didnt pick the phone. May be he was busy, because he usually attends the phone. He didnt call back too.
    Now I suspected whether concorde had raised a request for part at all! How can they close the issue and send for feedback when the car is still at service center waiting for parts? I didnt express my anger ad irritation to the lady who is just doing her duty. Instead drafted a nice email to Service@FIAT, Ajay.Bhatnagar and Deepak.Wagh. I got out of office response from Deepak, which asked me to contact Pritish dash. I forwarded the email to Pritish too. In two hours time, I got a reply from Pritish, copying mangesh, deepak, and partshelpindia saying
    May or may not be the standard reply template. But the reply itself tells that FIAT is willing to help.
    I hope there will be some action now.
    To see my car being towed is one of the most painful sights. Something I am helpless. Now the car has to rest at the SC for days due to lack of spares is even more painful. I have to wait, and there is nothing else I can do.
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    At least a helping hand from Fiat is a big relief. Now since they involved in the issue I think the things will get done in time.
    1 person likes this.
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sorry to hear about your experiences! Its a positive thing that atlease you got a response from FIAT. Hope your beauty starts roaring soon
    1 person likes this.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    good to see a quick response! now when you get a call from concorde due to follow up to this complain, ask for a loaner car to use until your car is ready since all this has happened without any fault of yours!!
    1 person likes this.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Since you have completed service recently they could have diagnosed it during their check up.
    1 person likes this.
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I was planning to ask for something like that. Since Pritish has promised to get back to me by tomorrow, I will wait.
    In the email to FIAT, I had quoted this thread as reference.
    Even before towing the vehicle to SC they told me that MC will be replaced under extended warranty if all routine service are carried out on time.
    1 person likes this.
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Just now received a call from Mr. Khan, the SA at Concorde. The part has come, they have replaced the damaged one, and I can take delivery of the car by 4.00 PM today. He asked me whether I had spoken/ written to FIAT. :) I told him Yes.

Many Thanks to FIAT India for promptly intervening and resolving the issue. If they had not intervened, I doubt whether I would get my car back even on Thursday.
    2 people like this.
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is fantastic news !!! Great to see Fiat acting in a responsible and accountible manner unlike so called 'reputed brands' counterparts
    1 person likes this.