1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ecstacy of owning a FIAT:: Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion July 2009

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by fiatlover, May 24, 2011.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    How do we know that MC have problem. Is there any leak. Did you observe any drop in brake fluid level?
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Brake fluid level was low, but there were no leaks. The clutch pedal was kind of free, and the pedal was not returning the normal way. Even I am unsure whether it is MC. The exact issue would be know tomorrow morning only. I still suspect it could be the issue with the clutch pump, based on Nitin's experince I quoted earlier.
    Symptoms were these:
    -gear wont engage
    -Grating noise while engaging reverse gear
    -Able to slot gear when engine is off.
    -was able to slot 4th anf 5th gear while car is running without any difficulty
    -Clutch becomes free, pedal doesnt return normally
    2 people like this.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    It is the master cylinder. And worst, the part is not available. Khan told me he will contact other dealers in bangalore to get the part. It is not available with any of the concorde centers or KHT.
    Aadya has it in stock, but I cannot buy it over the counter and take it to Concorde because this is a replacement under extended warranty. I have informed Khan about the part availability at Aadya. He said he will ask the part dept to contact aadya to get the part. I have no clue how long this will take.:confused:

- - - Merged Post - - -

This is not a FIAT specific issue. Clutch failure can happen to any vehicle anytime. It is just a matter of when. May be you can prolong it by following good driving habit, that's all.
    2 people like this.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Our Getz at home is on the verge of a Master cylinder failure. Same kind of symptoms are already appearing(Gear is not engaging properly)
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Concorde will not get the part from Aadya motors. Aadya says the vehicle has to be taken to them to replace the part, by towing some 30+ kms.
    Concorde has placed an order for the part. The part is likely to arrive on Tuesday. So, I hope to get the car back on wednesday or thursday.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Sorry to hear the clutch failure, fiatlover. Unfortunately, there is no other indicator available to take preventive action.
    1 person likes this.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    sorry to hear about the incident! i think you should escalate the matter and demand sternly that the part be brought from aadya. i have been in such situation before where a part has had to be brought from another TASS. They do not agree for it initially but do it when you complain and make some hue and cry
    2 people like this.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I remember in Ravi sir's travalouge he also got a suspension part for his Linea from another dealer in Kolkata during his bhutan trip.
    2 people like this.
  9. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    I had faced the same problem with my Punto 1.2 Active & it was the Clutch Slave cylinder which had the problem. Thankfully the clutch completely stopped working after I parked the vehicle in the proper place.

The Fiat RSA were also excellent when it came to helping me. They did not charge for towing the vehicle to the nearest service center & I was attended within 20 mins by the Towing van & above that the service center in Nerul(Fortune cars) replaced it within 3 hours flat & the vehicle was ready in the evening;)

Total cost is Rs.3618/- inc labor(898.88/-)
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    didn't you have extended warranty?