1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ecstacy of owning a FIAT:: Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion July 2009

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by fiatlover, May 24, 2011.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    You have saved lot of money and more than that lot of time. :)
    1 person likes this.
  2. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    This may be late message but , the error message is correct as you said it was @ min Level , when you go in ghat section the fluid must be in one side out of the sensor , thats why you should have got the message :) , this will mostly happen in your bike when tank is in one side your needle wil show half tank actually its not that much inside:)
    checking in flat surface is the best way
    2 people like this.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    My Punto is at Concorde for 4th service(paid).
    Completing three years on 22nd Aug...
  4. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Please share , 4th service cost here !!:rolleyes:
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Punto back after fourth service.
    Main changes:
    Brake pads replaced
    All fluids replaced
    All filters replaced
    Spark plug replaced
    Hazard light button refixed
    Boot beeding refixed to prevent water leakage to the boot.
    Hand brake lever adjusted to remove the excess play.

4thservice.png
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Are you doing wheel alignment and balancing outside? It is not reflected in the bill?
    12K looks slightly on higher side. Any idea how much is the coast for other European car having similar service interval? Brake pad service coast looks OK.
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I had done wheel balancing and alignment just a couple of months back and hadn't run much after that. So probably because it reflected in the service history, they may have decided not to do that.

Aprt from those listed above, I had also redone the under body coating. It has 5 years warranty. When they are charging excess for almost everything, I thought I will use what I can to the best. So I insisted on redoing the under body coating. They did a thorough wash too, and it was not charged. Any other TASS in bangalore would charge 250 for a wash.
  8. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

wooooooooo...12K is looks high for 4th service......Guys are You sure FIAT service cost is less comapre to other ;)???
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I paid 56K for my alto in 8 years which had run 41k. So others are also not cheap as they advertise.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    TATA and maruti parts may be cheaper because they are 100% indegenized.
    As long as you do service from authorised service centers, maintenance cost will remain high irrespective of brand. Initial service costs(first two services) will be be low. But they are bound to increase. Main reason is the warranty and insurance clauses. Like, warranty will be void if serviced from unauthorised center..etc. There is nothing much we can do about this.

This is a vicious circle...Car makers > authorised service center> insurance companies...Customers are always at the receiving end.

What I feel is that the cost of maintenance of most cars in the same segment are on par.
    1 person likes this.