1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ecstacy of owning a FIAT:: Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion July 2009

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by fiatlover, May 24, 2011.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    It looks very neat like in a new car.
    1 person likes this.
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Happened to drive my friend's Ritz petrol yesterday. After close to three years of puntoing, found it very difficult to adapt, especially the high, jeep-like seating position, the clutch, and also the hard brake pedal, may be because the car has done some Kms. I have to stand on top of the brake pedal to stop the car. If I drive Ritz for a couple of days, I am sure to become a sedate driver, mainly because it doesn't give me the confidence that my Punto gives (to speed). After 3 years and 25000kms (just 4 kms less) the my punto gives me the same feedback while driving, as it gave when it was new.

40-70kmph has been my average speed in city in any kind of traffic, and my general tendancy is to quickly slot into the 5th gear as soon as possible. That may be because I drive a petrol car and the craving for more mileage.
    2 people like this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    There has been lot of complaint from my family that I am driving very fast. I, once drove very sedately in my Linea and I almost slept :D. After reading your post, I may now need to borrow the Ritz Petrol from my friend and drive for couple of days to learn to drive sedately.
    2 people like this.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Let not maruti hear this. They will think this is an additional feature, they accidentally added! :D
    1 person likes this.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Another milestone!

25000.jpg
    2 people like this.
  6. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai

Once my friend who owns a Ritz drove my Punto and he exclaims

"Ritz gear position is the best, Ritz clutch is the best, Its very difficult to drive Punto"

He also said "I have never used first gear on ritz, but on Punto I have to" !!!

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

congos, and wish you a many more happy miles ahead:)
    1 person likes this.
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4

This is known as classical conditioning in educational psychology. If one keeps using substandard stuff, after certain point, he will lose the ability recognise quality stuff, and he will feel that quality stuff is even more substandard!
    I felt Ritz clutch is like the 3mm one on my pulsar. It just needs a touch, no need to press...I think this is common in all marutis, have seen this in Alto too. This is bad also, because a lot of people drive with foot on the clutch pedal, the slightest touch is enough to apply clutch while driving, which will do more harm than good.
    In punto, you need to depress the clutch fully. Ritz brake returns little or no feedback. In Punto the moment you touch brake pedal, it tells you "You are trying to stop me, did meant it right?" You respond "Yes", and the car is ready to stop.
    If he always starts and moves in 2nd gear, well heaven save his clutch and gear box!

Thanks!
    4 people like this.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Yeah i've had a similar experience with my friend on the ritz..
    He said his diesel swift can easily do 170 and he was very very happy .. When i told him that my car can do it as well, he says my car should do more ( I dont know how but that's his idea).
    He also goes on to say that ritz is super fast, far superior than punto .
    I just told him " You've not driven the punto properly" and made my way back home..

I know everyone is proud about their cars but there should be some amount of genuineness in what is spoken.. ha ha..
    2 people like this.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    When I was owning Hyundai Getz and whenever people ask me what is your favorite car, I tell them Fiat Palio (Punto and Linea was not launched in India at that time). Never told that Getz is my favorite car eventhough it is not a bad product from Hyundai.
    4 people like this.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Replaced the rear Wiper blade during the weekend. Didn't bother to go to service center to get this done. I bought a 12" Hella wiper blade from an accessory shop on Sarjapur road and fixed it. It comes with the frame. You have to remove the frame and fix only the blade. Checked it today. It's working fine.
    Cost Rs.120/-
    2 people like this.